New Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup 12/04/2015

Only thing different is ive put the supposed kodi improvement on to a more modern release.
Day to day use u wont see any difference except possibly a little quicker but negligible.
Only reason its done is for people wanting new release. But personally once every 6months or a years often enough to update. Imho

i've got my 153 working well so am inclined not to change - although i have noticed the epb doesnt seem to be updating even though settings say it is - is there a log somewhere which might explain what's going wrong?

Not sure why that would be. Make sure box and net on at night but u prob know that.
I think u can view crash logs but never looked sorry dude.
its saved to usb too yeh?

Loving the new image and all the little extras and tweaks it's great.

Getting into to koi and tsmedia as well.

A couple of questions....

how how will these boxes handle itv?

Also, this might sound really stupid. But the EPG you get whEn you press the up or down arrow button on the remote.
on the previous Vix image I only had the picon displaying, now I have both the service name and picon displaying, I've got only picons everywhere else in the epg.

any ideas how I can turn off the service name there.?

Cheers.

Press up or down to get that epg
Menu
settings. Change the one says service name and picon To just picon

ive done that and i cant see the option to change to or from Service Name and/or Picon.

I did the same process as you described for the other areas of the EPG and it worked.

So im at a bit of a loss..

When i press settings it takes me to the channel selection settings...

---------- Post Merged at 11:51 PM ----------

IMAG1016.jpg

I know its just a small thing but its driving me mad...

excellent work on the image.

you are a proper genius...

Lol cheers but simple stuff anyone can do after a while.

Sorry I cant be of more help as I stopped using picons to speed up the box.

I know its not what u want but what about changing service name font down to -10 or whatever?

---------- Post Merged at 12:31 PM ----------

Or what does channel list service mode do?

Hi there, I've installed the image, ftp'd my line but I have 2 questions if I may, firstly I'm getting Northern Ireland BBC and UTV, which one on the autoboquets do I change to my local region? Also where exactly do I go to download the epg as I currently it's blank is there something I need to change to get the epg to work?

thanks in advance

Menu
setup
service searching
autobouquets maker
providers. Change the northern ireland bit to your area.
save
start scan.

Then providing u have permanent usb in and initialised and swapfile set up

Menu
setup
crossepg
download now

Then hold remote power button and select restart.

After that channels will refresh at 5am every night and epg at 5.15am

Thanks very much for that pal, I do have a USB in the back but how do I set it as permanent and set up the swap file that you mention?

This info is taken from MTPockets instructions when flashing his OpenATV image so not 100% sure it will be exactly the same for Vix as never used it..

7) Create USB swapfile - 512mb
(Menu, Infopanel, Plugins, SwapManager,Green, Select your drive, 512Mb, takes a couple of mins to create, once created choose red to activate and yellow to autostart, then exit)

For VIX image, follow these instructions from Sucmnsee on a previous thread

Take usb and format on pc.
box off.
usb in
box on
menu
setup
system
storage devices
Initialisation
"ur usb"
Red to initialise.
Wait then:
Menu
setup
vix
swap manager
blue to create 256mb
wait.
yellow to autostatt
green to start
close
reboot

*** FIGURED IT OUT THANKS ****

hi

i am struggling to add my line, how do i go about this?

Thanks

Scott

Last edited:
Really appreciate the work you put into this box with these backups sucmnsee.

I got this box up and running great with your last one. :)

Everything is working fine now so I might give this one a miss. Just wanted to say thanks!

I can always grab a backup of my current setup off my HDD I take it though? If I do decide to try this one out...

as far as i know as you said it dumps to usb,virtual ram? been told not to use it on solo2 as i was and could slow box down and cause problems.what i would ask do the makers of box suggest to use a swap or not?

So you are comparing a box that costs £70 to ones that costs £200+ nice and fair comparison

Swap file is due to ram size not speed (a swap file can slow things down if the usb drive is slow).

solo2 has 1gb ram so it shouldn't need a swap file these boxes have 256-512mb big difference.

The makers wont comment on the swap file that is not for them to get into the boxes work fine without it for viewing tv but if you want to do the iptv and so on then it's needed.

Really appreciate the work you put into this box with these backups sucmnsee.

I got this box up and running great with your last one. :)

Everything is working fine now so I might give this one a miss. Just wanted to say thanks!

I can always grab a backup of my current setup off my HDD I take it though? If I do decide to try this one out...

Menu
Setup
vix
image manager
green for new backup.
this will create a zip labelled atv but dont worry.
Ftp program the zip to pc
open zip and copy out the zgemma folder on pc.
you will need to add three files from ur original flash folder. I always use what came in that versions originals but think anyone will do.
imageversion
splash
force
are the three files to copy into ur zgemna/sh1 folder. Then its ready to flash.

important note: if zgemma folder is larger than 125,000,000bytes it will not flash! by

Last edited:
I have changed to my local Region and done automatic scan but still has the northern Ireland chanels?? Also I've followed your instructions to set up USB and swap file but when I click create swap file it says "sorry no physical devices that support SWAP attached can't create swapfile on network or fat32 file systems" have I done something wrong it sees the USB and I clicked red to initialise

Wrong scan. Not automatic or manual. In autobouquets maker just 'start scan'.
If ur getting that error, remove usb.
Format on pc. Quick fine.
turn off box.
insert usb.
box on.
initialise and wait.
then swapfile

Back