New Vix Apollo 165 zgemmastar 2s (H1) sucmnsee backup 12/04/2015

My Gemma is waiting for me at the PO! Can't wait to get her home tomorrow for a play! :)

Can I just check... this backup is for the twin sat receiver and not the twin cable or doesn't it matter?

Also, USB questions...ive a 8gb USB ready formatted to fat32 for epg files etc but my new 64gb for recordings will only format to ntfs or exfat think it was. Is this ok???

i was wondering if someone could help me. its my first time setting up a box and i have the zgemma h1. i thought i had done enough research to do it but i have ran into a problem straight away. i formatted my memory stick like it says in the instructions for susmnsee's vix image. i also made sure it was a good usb and not a dodgy cheap one, i then downloaded the software . i connected my box and inserted the usb in the back and turned it on. the box front panel just comes up with (boot) nothing else is this normal? what am i doing wrong? also i dont get any thing on the tv when i connect it its literally a blank screen all help will be rally appreciated
also when i downloaded the image i just put it straight on to the usb is there something i needed to do to the file before i can put it on to my box?

i have been playing around with it for a couple of hours and i hadnt extracted the files which i now have the only problem is its just stuck on the openvix screen and the box still now says boot. also i dont seem to be able to change anything with the remote either

Last edited:
Trying to flash my new Zgemma star 2s box and think i have followed the first steps right with a newly formated USB drive and but the Zgemma file on not the first file and the display on the box is saying flashing up with boot, then flsh, then boot, then flsh again and so on.
Have i done something wrong or is it working? left it first time for 20 mins then re did the usb drive with formating and file again but doing same thing again.

---------- Post Merged at 02:58 PM ----------

im just going to try a different flash drive see how it goes.
also could i use an external drive in the back to save epg and recordings on? or should i keep it on different drives?

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 PM ----------

tried a different(not cheap 4GB drive) and seems to be doing it now.
if it works im sure more questions will follow

You guys have me dreading tonight I if get peace to play with my Gemma! :) It'll be a big change from a Blade! :) This USB business is confusing me before I even start! :)

I still have had no look mine seems to stick on the openvix screen and box says boot I'm pulling my hair out here

When you download the image, make sure to unzip it or unrar and place zgemma foler only onto usb. Then put in back of box, hold power button and switch on, should hopefully say flsh on screen.

Thanks for the reply snapper93 I tried what yoy said and it still didn't work. The box flashes and then just says boot after an I get the openvix screen
3968dece674a90d16b6697d68b0b6c99.jpg

i think i might have broke my box.
i tried factory restarting my box hoping i could just re flash it and start from scratch but i just cant get it to flash now just boots up normally and has still got some of the settings just not blue and that like sucmnsee's image.

i think i might have broke my box.
i tried factory restarting my box hoping i could just re flash it and start from scratch but i just cant get it to flash now just boots up normally and has still got some of the settings just not blue and that like sucmnsee's image.
when you factory reset you have taken it back just reload Sucmnsee image and start again

thanks mate. Just got this box and installed this image straight away. Everything all setup and working good. Set location for autobouquets and hit scan. Then restart box. Then in crossepg download and restart again. Then I put in n: line and all good now

Have you tried low level format tool like HDD guru and done a full windows format (not quick). Then a fresh download of image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah tried all the above still no joy. It's weird it literally flashes and then just says boot. The thing is its the first time I've turned the box on since I brought it it was literally blank when I recieved it. It also said boot before I even tried putting anything on it

Most boxes come with the ATV image as it's official so may have. Been loading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it was loaded properly then because it still said boot maybe the software wasn't put on right in the first place. But wouldn't that get wiped off when I try and put my new image on?

Back