New ZGEMMA-STAR 2S Twin Sat

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys :)

Got one of these samples delivered today from the Cloud ibox guys.
After an hour playing (has openatv which im new to) seems like a good job.
painted white metal chassis, black block digital face.
looks a little "80's alarm clocky".
feels much more solid than iboxs.
Remote control is very good by modern standards. But out of this world by ibox standards.
same 751 processor but feels very snappy. And no drive set up with it yet.

Sorry post was started when didnt know model so read/see more here

http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/63683-new-cloud-ibox-twin-sat-tuner.html

Boss' s feel free to edit/move whatever as it should prob be in sat not cloud ibox. Cheers :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 AM ----------

Ps this is not a sample I get to keep lol without paying and will be unpaid til I think its worth buying, so im not advertising or getting anything free (unfortunately)
also I dont even buy direct from them but a guy in england.

(((I might send them this link and see if they send me a yacht or someyhing though lol)))

Attachments

• 1416198296.jpg
    1416198296.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Zgemma 2S

Mines on it's way from air digital and on a long flight as we speak - I wish I could have found a UK seller. zgemma.tv is the official site and has images for OpenVix, OpenPLI3, OpenPLI4, OpenATV, OpenDroid and HDfreaks. Not sure which image comes installed or which is the best to use - can anyone point me to a post or link explaining the differences? My first Enigma2 box so fingers crossed it's a good one and I don't manage to brick it!

Sucmnsee - with regards to the backup did you try backupsuite? I've just downloaded v17.8 and it looks as though it may be possible to add support for the Zgemma. Can you connect to the box with ftp and browse to /proc/stb/info/boxtype and let me know what the value is? I may be barking up the wrong tree and until my box arrives am unable to confirm!

I have received H1 and I m also new to enigma2 box.

OP do you know how to load my cccam.cfg to this box which I am using with f5s.

@mtpockets mine came with Openatv. I believe only openatv & opendroid supports it officially

Last edited:
OK so got my ZGemma Star 2S and gotta say I'm very impressed - the remote works a treat as does the epg and not having to worry about channel lists is brilliant it's also a reasonably quick receiver. I'm amazed it arrived within 5days of ordering from China in perfect condition and was also impressed that the user manual was lacking Chinglish and was a readable font size!

The box did have OpenATV installed on delivery which I now have setup with BlueHD skin and with my C-line working - I must admit I struggled getting the line to be recognised.

raulvibes - I think with OpenATV your CCcam.cfg needs to go into the var\keys\ folder. Then press menu, choose "Info Panel" and "softcam panel" and hopefully you'll work it out from there.

Can anyone give advice as to whether a swap file on USB is advisable and if so how to go about creating it from within OpenATV?

With this being a "Genuine" (loosely used term!) box will over the air updates be ok? Or am I likely to end up bricking the box and not being able to recover?

Hope you can help - TIA! :beg:

its a chineses box so unsure but think they must have learnt their lessons by now,only use images from their support forum if you find it,other cloudboxes have usb for epg,swap files are only needed on less powerful boxes even vu duo and solo original need them but not solo2,copy whats on box to pc to have a backup would be a plan first.

Roger, Understood and thanks Cactikid. I just thought the swap file would put less stress on the internals. I've already configured it to save the EPG to USB due to the constantly changing data, I'd rather replace a USB drive!

Official images are on zgemma.tv but unless anyone can give a good reason or point me to a link where the images are compared I'm quite content with OpenATV at the mo.

Will do a backup now as almost how I want the box to be.

if you put a swap file on solo2 it runs worse,it all depends on the power of the box,if its better should not need it,with the solo we get spinning vix= stress.

@mtppockets I am very happy with the box. Thanks for the tip, I have now managed to run Cline. Which channel list are you using? Have you managed to get picons working?

@raulvibes to be honest I can't remember and the Mrs is watching Noah at the moment so best not disturb! Will have a look tomorrow night and let you know. I haven't got PICONS sorted but will see if I can before I get back to you. Nothing so far has been that tricky (it can't have been as I've had a hell of a hangover to deal with today for some reason ;) Happy New Year!

Sorry guys. Missed all this. Using vix and trying to get a plugin to make a backup still. Did buy a pc card with rs232 and null modem cable to make backup but cant work out how to use putty to do it lol

@mtpockets
yeh tried diff versions of backupsuite but no good. U got a work around?

@sucmnsee will contact the maintainer and see if he's willing to add support. Will also try to modify myself but may take some time, trying to understand the code is tricky.

Managed to semi brick my box, I'm not sure how but think it was by trying to play an iptv link that was dead?? So need to spend time getting it sorted which I don't have at the moment :-(

@raulvibes - I think I was using autobouqets for 28.2 from the plugins, which has picon support too and the picons worked fine before I managed to semi-brick. Now I have a better idea of what I'm doing getting it back to a near perfect state shouldn't be too much hassle.

@sucmnsee - just been on forum.zgemma.tv and they've posted a how to back up OpenVIX, the English isn't too great but don't know if it will work this way for you?

It transpires my problem was with EPG and not IPTV causing the semi-brick/boot problem (the same you had) can you please explain how you fixed it?

@mtpockets I am told stick to Openatv & Opendroid images at the moment. Correct me but I thought creating backup was simple as selecting backup from setup menu.

PS. I have only started playing with enigma2 for a week.

@raulvibes - yes on OpenATV it is that simple, however @Sucmnsee has a preference to Openvix and with his wealth of experience has created the perfect build but is unable to back it up (and he'll hopefully share once he has ;)). OpenVIX is on the official manufacturer site with daily builds along with OpenPLI so can I ask who advised to stick to OpenATV or OpenDroid?

I'm new to Enigma2 aswell!

One of the team member from OpenVix [emoji1] [emoji1]

I was told it will be buggy and they think this is clone box so expect no official support.

Back