New ZGEMMA-STAR 2S Twin Sat

hi all i thought these box were coming out at £60 or $90 but they are selling them on ebay for £99.....

Buy direct with confidence from airsat in china or find a local to do them. Should be close to 70+

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 AM ----------

so I would guess the eBay ones should be genuine/official as these are new boxes they shouldn't of been "cloned" yet...?
I think they may have been cloned already - apparently some are kicking around with a different tuner fitted which is sub-standard :fear:.....

I've now reverted back to the OpenATV build after doing an OTA update on Sucmnsee's great VIX build by mistake. At the time I panicked at the thought of ending up with a door stop so spent the time getting OpenATV right instead. I've still not seen any advantages to OpenVIX over OpenATV. With OpenATV you can do online updates, easy backups and install plugins safely too - the only pain is most of the support for OpenATV is in German but I've managed even though I don't speak the lingo.

All on the forum here are a helpful bunch so post away....

I dont see any benefit to the unofficial vix over supported images as ive never had time to give the others a real chance but would defo be up for trying anybodies backups from other images. (Hint hint. Get posting ur backups everyone! lol )

---------- Post Merged at 02:27 AM ----------

And more interested in finding out what the others can do hat vix cant. To push me to try.

@Sucmnsee - I meant no disrespect whatsoever - your build is VERY good :highfive:, it was just me being a tart doing the online update by mistake that filled me with fear and moved me back to OpenATV. TBH I don't think there's anything you can do with VIX that you cant with OpenATV it's just the ability of OTA updates that wooed me! (I maybe wrong!)

In terms of the backup image are there any files other than your C/N-Line that you remove before posting?

Guys I just have a couple of things left to sort on my image before it's fit for sharing and I am struggling for time at the moment - maybe this weekend?. For example with my ISP I don't need a proxy so haven't done this or looked into how. It also needs a $ly themed backdrop.mvi file (i think this is the file) as the factory one is ugly when used with the blueHD skin I'm using, I've not yet sourced an .mvi creator for linux or windows or found a viewer and pre-done backdrop.mvi that would look good. I also need to look into resizing the recorded items view of epg as somehow the skin is too small and you can't see the text for the recorded items. Then just some sort of "how to" to write.....

Any hints on proxy setup or the .mvi files would be very much appreciated guys!

No offence taken dude!

I just edit my newcamd.list to remove my details then reboot just in case before a backup.

U could try removing blue hd skin and installing the 2014 skyskin by fraggle ipk in dl section here. If you like how it looks. I prefer it for some reason to BlueHD.

Buy direct with confidence from airsat in china or find a local to do them. Should be close to 70+

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 AM ----------

I dont want to sound stupid but i cant seem to find the link to Purchase on the "offical" Zgemma website, would like to strike while the iron is hot on these...

The one's on fleebay at £99 pound say they original airsat, but reading the spec's they are showing they not. the airsat spec is 512 Nands and 512 Rams. The once on fleebay are 256 Nands and 500 Rams. be careful what you buy. Has Sumnsee in post 42 buy direct.

The one's on fleebay at £99 pound say they original airsat, but reading the spec's they are showing they not. the airsat spec is 512 Nands and 512 Rams. The once on fleebay are 256 Nands and 500 Rams. be careful what you buy. Has Sumnsee in post 42 buy direct.
I doubt your claim, original spec is CPU 751, RAM 512 & Flash 256

SHENZHEN AIR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
Zgemma-star 2S

FEATURES:
-DVBS2+S2
Linux Operating System
Multimedia plug-in supported
HDMI up to 1080p
1 x Smartcard-Reader
2 x USB2.0
100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
Full automatic service scan
Various OSD skins supported
Cool silent fanless running
Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
Specification: -
HDTV Receiver MHEG-2/4 H. 264
3D Ready
CPU751MHz BCM MIPS Processor Linux OS
More than 3.16.x linux kernel
Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digital
TWO DVBS2 Tuner built-in
HDMI Connection
AV Connection
USB PVR Support of external HDD (HDD Optional)
1xCardreader (MultiCAS)
2x USB 2.0
Ethernet access 10/100 Mbit
512MB NAND Flash / 512MB DDR3
USB Port for adding PVR functions and more...
Timeshift
Electronic TV program guide ( EPG )
Parental Control
Plugin Service
OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
Webinterface, WEB Remote control
DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and USAL's
External power supply12V 3A
Supported by OpenATV , Italysat and Opendroid at this moment.
Software and image support

Last edited:

Zgemma-star 2S

FEATURES:
-DVBS2+S2
Linux Operating System
Multimedia plug-in supported
HDMI up to 1080p
1 x Smartcard-Reader
2 x USB2.0
100 Mbit Ethernet Interface
Advanced EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
Full automatic service scan
Various OSD skins supported
Cool silent fanless running
Low deep-standby power consumption under 1 W
Specification: -
HDTV Receiver MHEG-2/4 H. 264
3D Ready
CPU751MHz BCM MIPS Processor Linux OS
More than 3.16.x linux kernel
Excellent sound quality in Dolby Digital
TWO DVBS2 Tuner built-in
HDMI Connection
AV Connection
USB PVR Support of external HDD (HDD Optional)
1xCardreader (MultiCAS)
2x USB 2.0
Ethernet access 10/100 Mbit
512MB NAND Flash / 512MB DDR3
USB Port for adding PVR functions and more...
Timeshift
Electronic TV program guide ( EPG )
Parental Control
Plugin Service
OSD into many languages and graphics (Skins)
Webinterface, WEB Remote control
DISEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and USAL's
External power supply12V 3A
Supported by OpenATV , Italysat and Opendroid at this moment.
Software and image support
That is typo when copying from ibox spec. You can confirm with your seller.

iamthebest666 (user here) is doing a good price and will have a large delivery monday.

Unfortunately I dont think hes on here too often but maybe worth dropping him a pm.

If looking from makers go to airsatddt and find contact email link.

iamthebest666 (user here) is doing a good price and will have a large delivery monday.

Unfortunately I dont think hes on here too often but maybe worth dropping him a pm.

iamthebest666 is one of the sellers on ebay selling box for £99.99.

When I contacted him he quoted £90 for 1 box if I pay via bank transfer so it doesn't seem that good of a price.

aliexpress.com/store/112376 airsat store prices do not look that great anymore these zgemma boxes are looking bit overpriced plus dropping the flash size is poor move.

The Manufacturer are stating on there forum that the zgemma boxes are the specs above, if thats not what they are selling to the uk then the product is misleading.

256mb Flash is not alot when you start adding plugins and picons soon be down low.

Last edited:

The Manufacturer are stating on there forum that the zgemma boxes are the specs above, if thats not what they are selling to the uk then the product is misleading.

256mb Flash is not alot when you start adding plugins and picons soon be down low.

A lot of the UK sellers are copy/pasting the ibox specs thinking they are the same thing with new name.

I agree 256mb is not a lot but then when you look at original boxes (these ZGemma are not clones according to AirSat) even the so called mighty VU+ boxes excluding the two top end ones (Ulitmo £450+, Duo2 £320+) have 256mb or less.

Post 48 of the spec is off SHENZHEN AIR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.LTD website forum manufacturers spec not of a UK seller.

iamthebest666 is one of the sellers on ebay selling box for £99.99.

When I contacted him he quoted £90 for 1 box if I pay via bank transfer so it doesn't seem that good of a price.

aliexpress.com/store/112376 airsat store prices do not look that great anymore these zgemma boxes are looking bit overpriced plus dropping the flash size is poor move.

Apologies to anyone I recommended to. I have a long standing relationship with him and a great price by looks of it. So if ur after just 1 maybe not best guy. But for multiple he obviously does good discount and I can vouch for his excellent replace in a day if fault service and 1day delivery.

other than that tho, box themselves are great. Ive tried themore expensive boxs and sold them on as prefer these :)

Ive noticed these seem to be as/more quick as ibox setup identically but dont know enough to know what dropping flash size would do?

Last edited:
hi guys,at the min ive got openbox sf5,which takes ccams,but im lookin to get zgemma star s2 box,just wondering will my ccam work with it or does it need newcamd,

Just asking guys before I go an pay £100 for one an my current ccam doesn't work.so do I just enter in my current ccam in manually like I would on openbox f5s.just I'm new to this.thanks

No u need to use a pc ftp program to send to the box. But you can use any line on them.

Look in cloud section for help as by same people

Back