openbox v8s 7 day auto updating epg

Hi I'm new to the v8s what do I need to do to apply this 7day epg? My friend usually sets me boxes up when I get them so have no idea how to set it up on my own get it haven't set it up atall yet

Newbie also , Will try this later but is beter to just upload the latest firmware on the downloads section which has this in it ? Is there much of a difference ?

Buzzin.. Will give this a try.. Only second day with the v8s n new to all this but the epg isnt much cop on this.. I found Kmltv setting but nothing on there.. so as tich's earlier post all i have to do is stick a memory stick in the back usb then maual search for epg update.. N then the kmltv guide should work.. Sorry if that sounds an ultra diluted version of what i have to do.. I like to keep things simple lol..
Is there a minimum size gb usb stick?
Whats the formating to fat 32 all about?

Thanx

Last edited:
Hi Shaun don't know if I'm allowed to post this ( cwaite.dyndns.tv ) but I downloaded the TP off here and it gave me this address. Have a look some good info for a Noob.

It's not a bigger memory stick the Epg takes up very little It is a problem with XMLTV we just have to wait till they fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The xmltv epg is still not downloading for me, still saying epg decompress failed, check disk free volume. Theres plenty of space on my usb. Does anyone have any ideas what else can be done?

Hi can anyone help me the EPG will not download on my box it is starting to download then it just says not enough space on usb.
I have formatted the USB to fat 32 and it is still The same.
I have had it working from months but all of a sudden it is just stop downloading.

Everybody has been in the same boat for weeks with these boxes you have to wait for the them to fix it it has nothing to do with your USB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back