Openbox V8s - Hardware Mismatch

Hello, sorry to be a pain, I have recently bought another V8S for another room, however it's still on FTP to update and I have no idea what the login is for that. The one I have at present connects to a network and you can download the new channel list etc.

This box I have just will not upgrade the firmware whatever I do!

Any suggestions welcome before I stamp on it! :grin:

Attachments

• DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 343
Do you not update that firmware by USB, then after that you can update by network??
What do you mean hardware mis-match? - that you are not compatible with the box?
What EXACTLY have you tried to update the firmware? (You say you have tried everything)

Do you not update that firmware by USB, then after that you can update by network??
What do you mean hardware mis-match? - that you are not compatible with the box?
What EXACTLY have you tried to update the firmware? (You say you have tried everything)

I am trying to upgrade the firmware so that it will be able to download it's own channel lists rather than using a usb

But you haven't answered ANY of my questions, so, I'm out!

Read the First line specifically.

But you haven't answered ANY of my questions, so, I'm out!

Read the First line specifically.

YES that is what I am trying to do!

What do you mean hardware mis-match?

That's what it says when I try to upgrade the firmware (image file).

that you are not compatible with the box?

I'm not compatible with most things. ;)

yes I have tried upgrading the firmware about 30 times after reading and following other suggestions.

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 PM ----------

whats is actuaully happening when you try to connect via upgrade by network ?

I get a page where I can type an ip address and user name etc

on my openbox v8s my software version is 3511_10_08_2015_06B7 thats the firmware i got to upgrade by network and yours seems later ? puzzled me lol

Ensure you are connected to i-net then go menu--network settings--network upgrade--click connect--now download and install the V8s file---when finished the box will auto reboot. Now go menu--network settings---network upgrade--connect--download and install latest [irish or uk] channel list---box will auto reboot. Once booted then press fav on remote and all should be there.
Reaper.

Ensure you are connected to i-net then go menu--network settings--network upgrade--click connect--now download and install the V8s file---when finished the box will auto reboot. Now go menu--network settings---network upgrade--connect--download and install latest [irish or uk] channel list---box will auto reboot. Once booted then press fav on remote and all should be there.
Reaper.

What's i-net?

When I go to upgrade by network the screen shows a section where you can type a Web address, username, password etc. My other boxes are fine and have the connect button to upgrade.

I'm assuming internet is what is being referred to - I also have different options to what reaper refers to and my box is also missing the ability to manually enter my cccam details. I can also add that my box is freezing loads in the menus - my diagnosis is either a faulty box or it's a clone so it's going back to the vendor asap - I think 8 hours of my time trying to resolve it is plenty seen as I can repair 10 iPhones or 8 iPads in about the same time!!

I'm assuming internet is what is being referred to - I also have different options to what reaper refers to and my box is also missing the ability to manually enter my cccam details. I can also add that my box is freezing loads in the menus - my diagnosis is either a faulty box or it's a clone so it's going back to the vendor asap - I think 8 hours of my time trying to resolve it is plenty seen as I can repair 10 iPhones or 8 iPads in about the same time!!

I can update the channel list manually, however it's a pain lol

Hello, sorry to be a pain, I have recently bought another V8S for another room, however it's still on FTP to update and I have no idea what the login is for that. The one I have at present connects to a network and you can download the new channel list etc.

This box I have just will not upgrade the firmware whatever I do!

Any suggestions welcome before I stamp on it! :grin:
I've just got my first v8s and I had a similar problem I fixed it by using the USB to upload the firmware then after that I was able to update via network

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It doesn't appear as it should - I have however managed to get the vendor to send me an update dated at the start of June, updated via USB and still missing menu options, network update, secret menus and freezes often! hmmm - let's rule a quick pole - who thinks this is a clone box and neither use nor ornament??

First of all---there is no firmware update for june---last f/w was last year.
Therefore what you have been sent is a channel list.
The camds code [hidden menu] is 6666 and master password is 3327.
Freezing can be caused by many things but usually caused by a crap line/gift.To attempt to correct the box----
Extract a copy of your line/gift and store on pc.
Now remove all channels [menu---channel list--delete all.
Go menu--tools and do factory reset
Format usb key to fat32 and download N081 from Downloads
Add download to usb key and insert into rear port on box
Go menu --tools---upgrade by usb
Ensure it says image file at top and now follow the instructions [no need to tick anything on little screen that appears]
Once file has burned then reboot box. Now you should be able to go menu--network settings---network upgrade and connect---chose download for your box [V8s] and install it--box will auto reboot.
When rebooted go menu---network settings--network upgrade--connect and download and install latest channel list [uk or irish whichever is latest] and box will auto reboot when download complete
When box is rebooted press fav on remote---choose your free to air channel---if ok go to your cam set up [you will need password 6666 before you highlight] and check that your line is there still, ticked and online
If no line showing the format usb key to fat32, add the line you stored and install.
Reboot box and hopefully now working.
I have done over a hundred of these boxes for clients and always worked irrespective of clone or original.
Reaper.

Done all that last night and hardware mismatch error again and it box menus that freeze (ie. Network settings, scrolling through available satellites etc) - I don't have experience troubleshooting these devices but I run a company that supplies IT Support to small to medium businesses so loads of experience troubleshooting every thing from Dyson's to iPhones

Ive had a few people come back to me with this problem "hardware mismatch" in the last few days.. doing exactly what you said reaper but still not working, they didnt get the boxes off me so i couldnt test them myself
maybe a bad batch going round

Then there is only one answer---get your money back, I only provide the new V8 series boxes and they use different firmware but if I supply a dodgy box then its either a free fix, swap or money back.
Reaper.

Back