Openbox V8s - Hardware Mismatch

I did a reaper trick first, by updating the f/w with an older version first before the latest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Roadhogmaf,
I have the exact same issue with an openbox V8S I have just received. Was you able to resolve the upgrade issue, if so how? Thanks

Hello everyone , I am one of the openbox and skybox reseller on ebay , just have a word with Chinese manufactory , them look like genuine , but them have few type of version on the market , as different develop who make the firmware

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 AM ----------

I have few type firmware with me, if u guy need can PM me

Had an email, i'm going to try tomorrow, but here it is.. (let's see if it works)

Hi.
It can be found here. OpenBox | OpenBox
Go to downloads.
V8S section
There are A & B series.
Mine worked using B series.

I like SPAM! hence posting my email :grin:

Be very careful using that site--as explained previously, it is not the site for official, genuine boxes.
If you have a genuine box and use these clone files then you may brick or kill your box.
And----how do do you tell what series A or B.
Be careful.
Reaper.

We understand Reaper, we only using that site as it appears out boxes are not genuine and genuine upgrade firmware does not work.
Thanks.

Take heed of what the reaper says. I've just bricked a box I have trying to update with the latest CWaites TP list!

Could be just hard luck as I've put this box through upload hell in the last 24 hrs testing every which way!

When I attempt the 'fix' I suspect I'll have to use the 'clone' firmware from the afore mentioned dodgy site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be very careful using that site--as explained previously, it is not the site for official, genuine boxes.
If you have a genuine box and use these clone files then you may brick or kill your box.
And----how do do you tell what series A or B.
Be careful.
Reaper.
Hi I have been told by 3 alibaba seller , that site www.openbox.cm is official genuine website from openbox china , it same as www.skybox.cc
Skybox official website ( www.skybox.cc )
Openbox official website ( www.openbox.cm )
What i been told by manufactory them have 2 different person who develop the firmware , so this is why got 2 different version of firmware .
Also if u use wrong firmware, it will never brick the receiver . As I sell satellite receiver on website more than 4 years , have a good community with china manufactory and reseller on alibaba, never had any issue brick the box if u using usb stick to flash the firmware, only will cause u issue if u using rs232 cable

Back