Openbox V8s - Hardware Mismatch

You are not using correct upgrade.
Your pic shows V8 3511HD CMT 150930032 when it should be V8S_3511HD_CMT_150930032A-Network
The download is No81 at Downloads
Reaper.

Check and correct--therefore insist to vendor--its a clone and get the cash--if paypal then you are protected.
Reaper.

Just downloaded it again and unzipped and sorry but the file enclosed says v8 not v8s so would renaming it as the v8s file work or has the wrong firmware got in there somehow??

---------- Post Merged at 09:31 PM ----------

The zip file is entitled v8s it's just when you unzip it it produces the v8 firmware file

I have the same fault on one of my V8s, I have six others in the house all working fine but this one will not update. Also have a red light on the front disply any idea what this means ?

They are not cloned---they are copies [almost undetectable] made by different manufacturers in China.
There is no protected patents as in UK/USA so lots of little companies spring up and copy products---they use same components etc and same firmware ie Yojiatech and Skybox. So the only way of realising a copy is to scan the code, but even that gets copied so unless you buy direct as I do then you may never know you have a copy, a genuine or an actual clone mascarading as the real deal.
Reaper.

Had a box arrive today and has the same issue as OPs 1st post. Line works. Channel lists via USB work but just cannot get to the screen to 'connect' when updating by network! Tried firmware update (no. 81) by USB and get the same file mismatch error!

Not seen a resolution on TK so I'll be returning it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a box here that arrived today with same problem---did a factory restore then reflashed to may 15 old firmware, I then downloaded and installed last firmware using a formatted usb key. Next I rebooted the box a few times then went to network upgrade and box connected so reinstalled firmware then channel list--rebooted yet again and voila! all working----line installed and kids watching boomerang. If ok when I restart in morning then it's success and will be on its way back home tomorrow.
So its worth a playaround if you have the time and inclination.
Reaper.

i have a question reaper i had the same problem too, i was sent by the vendor a fix ??? although the firmware was updated it still has the software ver 3511hd_30_09_2015_0326 and i still cant do the Upgrade by network, it still shows OpenBox | OpenBox which should be blank? (i think) my concern is that i dont think i can do the next firmware upgrade? the new firmware file does work no problem all tv/sly working (i think it just sorted out the network) openbox_160525....abs if im allowed to upload the file for all i will for a quick solution . But i didn't no if to try your way if you could let me have the file (15 old firmware) to try or just stick with this as its working?

If you get the mismatch error showing or fail to connect to server [ota] then try wifi as it seems that there are quite a few boxes running the gauntlet with dodgy ethernet ports.
Reaper.

I reported the issue to my seller. In his 'pidgin English' he directed me to OpenBox | OpenBox website. Having tried (and failed) with firmware from the official Yogiatech site. I downloaded their latest firmware for the V8S. And now it's up and running as it should, connecting over the network!

Back