Openbox V8s - Hardware Mismatch

Hi All,

I am trying to update the firmware on my box as well but keep getting hardware mismatch same as other people. when I try the file that reaper put on here I get same error but after trying a few times I then get "upgrade file is mismatch"

any ideas what this means or does it mean the box is a clone and cant be updated??
is it possible to just manually inter the network details for it to update that way (if someone can supply them)??

many thanks

thanks for that bigdrinks,

file updated. only thing now is that it has a http error when I try to update over network but hopefully that is just coz the file is already updated (hopefully lol)

Just checked my V8S clone and that's the same. HTTP error when trying to connect via the network!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi reaper,

thanks, fixed it. my boy had nicked the network cable from the back of it without telling me.

silly me for not checking before posting.

openbox address

Hello V8s Boxes can only be updated via the Rear USB Slot - if you try the Front Slot all you get is "upgrade file is mismatch"

OpenBox | OpenBox Get the New Image Here

Last edited:
Can I ask a silly question?? is it possible I have a cloned device even though my v8s conforms to all the signs of a genuine box on the comparison part of the Yojiatech website??

I only ask because as others have mentioned, I have gone to the website - downloaded, unzipped and moved to root of the USB however when I try to upgrade via USB I get a "Hardware Mismatch" message on screen and I have noticed that the file name changes from the v8s to v8. I must point out that this change occurs on my computer before I've even moved it to my USB.

Hopefully if it works, my video should show what I mean...

[video=youtube;K-7GnBsbRkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-7GnBsbRkE[/video]

If you have any advice regarding this that would be great :)

Last edited:
Read the date Mr K---you are replying to a post of more than 1 year old.
Plus---sonovox is just another alias for skybox.
Reaper.

Back