phoenix hd a850 setup.

Can u on me the same

---------- Post Merged at 10:50 AM ----------

Just purchased The phoenix hd a850, from TOTSAT it was priced at £250, best to buy from a good supplier than from ebay people.

Now the firmware that's the question, it seems a quest for indiana jones to try and find this, It is hard. If any help comrades. That would be great.

Check your messages !

Can u send me the best place to buy one of these

When I scan I can scan on EX C&W and Telewest. Which should I choose? Both bring up channels!
Spoilt for choice then..!! Which ever one glitches less if at all.. lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:38 PM ----------

Is anyone having problems with SS1 again?
Are you using the correct net id as all my channels are fine..You will only be using one of them either c&w or telew so that could be why your getting all the channels but some not working..!!

Had a bit of a play around this evening. The ex C&W one offers more channels, but the Telewest one seems to glitch less. Can't get SS1 SD on any of them, which is a pain as the HD version is pretty unwatchable.

I'm going through a Superhub2 and a homeplug so maybe that is causing the issue?

The really odd thing is my net ID is Seven Kings (Essex) but I'm actually in North Kent! I would have thought that Bromley or Lewisham were much closer.

Now that is very odd.....I have a box in bromley and he uses ex c&w and bromley id and the other one is in croydon and he is croydon id telew.... both obtained from vermin boxes...So is your net id defo from a sub box.?. seven kings seems too far away for kent (basil 1-4 is closer..!)

Last edited:
Now that is very odd.....I have a box in bromley and he uses ex c&w and bromley id and the other one is in croydon and he is croydon id telew.... both obtained from vermin boxes...So is your net id defo from a sub box.?. seven kings seems too far away for kent (basil 1-4 is closer..!)

I am messing about but when I plugged back in the other V box it has a different NET ID. All very odd. I think the installer may have mistakingly put the wrong one one in?

The glitching is insufferable now though. I'm not sure whether the supplier did the power mod or not - he claims he did but as I had to wait 3 weeks for the box I dunno. It looked as though it was factory sealed as well.

sounds like your vm box updated and got new info,what firmware is on your box now [ kv ] did you factory reset/rescan and use correct net id,new boxes would have had the mod done at source and older ones were not and needed doing,also check for vm issues and reboot router and box to see.

Problems scanning

Now this is weird - I have the correct firmware

I do a scan and get (16) Warwick - it finishes the search of Network ID's then it does the cable scan and no channels - my tivo box works fine

Im also getting 100% strength and 100% Quality on 666.75/6875/64/QAM

Any thoughts

Im going to stick it down to the weather and look at it tomorrow

Last edited:
Has the box stopped working??
My system info:
Model name: c model
Hardware version: HV 1.0.00.00
Software version: SV 1.02.06
Software date: Jul 5 2013
Boot version: H3.55

Do I need an update?