Picons - up to date

kiddac

[STRIKE]As I have included picons in my dropbox download folder for use with my slyk1hd skin, I am constantly getting asked if I have updated versions.

Picons need updating all the time, because as soon as frequencies change, the picon for that channel becomes unattached from it. [/STRIKE]

The plugins in my folder were actually downloaded via the plugins menu. I thought they were in there by default but you have to do one more step to get the full oscram picons in plugins.

Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download plugins

> Feeds > picon.xwz,

install this feed and reboot your receiver.

Once rebooted,

Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download plugins > Picons >

You will now have the full range of Ocram Picons available.

The ones I have in my folder were called. snp.400x240.transparent-white-nopadding

Last edited:
hmmm, well if mine are also snp picons why are poeple moaning they are out of date. I am confused, but to be honest I don't really care as I don't use them. ha.

I don't use them myself so I'm unsure why people are moaning about them if there snp then they should be fine only when a channel changes name ie gold is gold Christmas and sky movies Christmas but in a few days they'll change again and they'll have to find new picons lol

I use mk ones and they're updated regularly but in between you do have to add any new channels but tbh that takes approx 2 mins a week so hardly an effort , mine have all the Xmas channels in them such as gold Xmas , sky Star Wars , sky darts etc which are all normally other channels names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As I have included picons in my dropbox download folder for use with my slyk1hd skin, I am constantly getting asked if I have updated versions.

Picons need updating all the time, because as soon as frequencies change, the picon for that channel becomes unattached from it.

The plugins in my folder were actually downloaded via the plugins menu. I thought they were in there by default but you have to do one more step to get the full oscram picons in plugins.

Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download plugins

> Feeds > picon.xwz,

install this feed and reboot your receiver.

Once rebooted,

Menu > Plugins > Press Green to download plugins > Picons >

You will now have the full range of Ocram Picons available.

The ones I have in my folder were called. snp.400x240.transparent-white-nopadding

Once done does this then auto update picons?

Are they in plugin downloads?

---------- Post Merged at 07:09 PM ----------

I use mk ones and they're updated regularly but in between you do have to add any new channels but tbh that takes approx 2 mins a week so hardly an effort , mine have all the Xmas channels in them such as gold Xmas , sky Star Wars , sky darts etc which are all normally other channels names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they in plugin dowloads?

I am in the Process of updating all the snp picons ( downloaded from kiddac`s uploads) for $ly uk. Quite a few have changed ITV wise and I have added a few new ones that were missing and a few that have changed to other channels. 800 + picons takes a while to sort thru. I only have a few bouquets to go so maybe another day or two should see them all sorted. If anyone wants to give them a try I will post them online. They are only for $ly UK and all picons are transparent backgrounds.

Sirhc

Save yourself the time. If you follow my instructions they are the same ones but updated last week

there are 2 types of picons, snp and srp

one used the transponder/frequency the other the name of the program ie bbc1

to me the snp are the best service name picons, apart from the odd one or two , if you want a full list thats kept up to date grab these

Sat-tv-help forum

also if you do happen to use autobouquets 28.2e, that also can keep you up to date with the picons as that sorts them out with tp and frequency changes if using srp

also on another note sometimes snp dont show up due to the picon.pyo not up to date

have fun

Kiddac, that is the ones I used and it seems last night quite a few of the ITV channels got shuffled about and a few now have different names attached behind the standard number scheme..
example: 1_0_19_5104_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png might now be 1_0_19_5104_80F_2_11A0000_0_0_0__itv_granada.png so they go missing from the epg lists.

I did'nt know if anyone was keeping them updated so i decided to have a blast. Got nothing else to do since i am stuck in bed 24 hours a day at the moment ( 2 damaged discs in my lower back = not able to stand, walk or sit so flat oot on the bed is the only way to go + popping lots of expensive bloody drugs ) so i need to find something to keep my over active brain happy ;)

I also use a plex plugin that lets me watch the sat tv in my bedroom via a nowtv black box that connects to my home network then to a plex server that connects to my s2 and that uses the same picon set loaded on the s2 hdd. Complicated a wee bit but once its set up its an ok way to watch tv. Quality is hummmm not stunning maybe 480p might be over estimating but it works so it keeps me happy, when it comes to streaming a movie i have downloaded it will pump 1080p at 10meg no worries

Sirhc

and as of tonight and a bit of code editing i can now watch the recorded stuff from the s2 as well as tell it to record a program on a channel so i can watch it later.

Last edited:
Are these kept up to date because im missing sky star wars, sky sports darts, gold christmas and some other seasonal/temp changes.

Is there a single source of transparent, no padding Picons?!

I don't like Rats, they look poo

from what I have read on here, they don't auto update, but the SNP ones do follow the channel if it moves to a different frequency.
If you install the xyz feed, if anything go awol, just to a software update and see if the author has updated his picons again. Or bookmark the link akki wrote and you will be able to see the latest update date on them

Can anyone tell me, if I put an ipk picon file in the temp folder then install it. Where does it install to, the box or the HDD? Many thanks

from what I have read on here, they don't auto update, but the SNP ones do follow the channel if it moves to a different frequency.
If you install the xyz feed, if anything go awol, just to a software update and see if the author has updated his picons again. Or bookmark the link akki wrote and you will be able to see the latest update date on them

Ok thanks for that. Have you got a link to download the latest pack of picons the same as yours m8 to place on HDD. Cheers

Can anyone tell me, if I put an ipk picon file in the temp folder then install it. Where does it install to, the box or the HDD? Many thanks

seems to be installing them on root. which aint great.

i'd stick with downloading them through the plugins menu

smithonline just read the first post. the instructions are there. These are the picons i uploaded to my dropbox. or just download from the direct link akki gave and save them to your hdd/picon folder

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

you can use 7zip file to extract ipk files and then just copy the picon folder over to your hdd

I have just opened one of xyz ipks and you are correct the are set to save to /picon

whether this is a catch all incase people haven't got a usb or hard drive, but you are not really going to install 50mb of picons onto your box.

Back