Problems with h2s & talktalk

Hi thanks for your help, Both lines have been working fine & are from trusted sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Restart your router, then restart your receiver.
Check you have Internet on your receiver.
If your still having issues you might need to bypass your providers DNS settings if there using one?
Is your server a real address or through a DNS?

Yes mate, he said lines are fine & had been ok in the past, I've 2 separate boxes with 2 different line providers & both went off at same time

I've had these boxes a while now & I'm convinced it has something to do with talktalk

Just thought I'd ask as my dad is on a communal dish which blew out of line,so he only got fta channels until dish was put back in line.

Dish is fine mate, but made changes to dns & box is showing as not connected now

Dish is fine mate, but made changes to dns & box is showing as not connected now

Might be worth trying the following from one of Wooshmans post which worked for another member on Talktalk.

Try using the IP address of the server in the line instead of the name of it. You can get the ip address by opening a windows command prompt and typing:

ping line_servename_here

and press enter. This should then give you the IP address. You can then replace line_servername_here with the IP address.

eg.
CWS = 135.54.75.212 port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

And try that. Doesn't always work.

Maybe get a test line from the request thread and see if that one works.

I have been with TalkTalk for years and not had any issues with lines I have used. Everything is turned off in my talk talk account.

Thanks I will give that a try when I can sort out as My receiver is now showing not connected & only thing I've changed is dns settings

Should be a tiny hole (reset button) at the back of the modem,use a pin or something and press the reset for 5/10 secs.

Thank you for your support, yes I understand this is a major change & unsure how to get this back connected,

Back