Questions relating to cable boxes?

If you have VM BB will the white cable work in the cable box?

Im thinking of getting a dreambox combo box is that a good box to get? I read it is very good mid range box but its a bit too much thats the problems.

I got put off my people saying the Amiko Mini HD was not good.

I also read people saying they got their line on their sat box onto their combo box for free without paying. Is that possible to do with providers?

miraclebox can have cable and sat tuners and can run vix image,dreambox are mainly all clone models or very expensive if original,you put your line onto box to test or paid one for a set period of time.

If you have vermin BB.. Use a 2 way splitter before it goes into the router and then buy a coax cable to go from the splitter to the back of the cable box... Some of my kV "Ted specials" work this way and NO sub's...ultimate freeness..!!

miraclebox can have cable and sat tuners and can run vix image,dreambox are mainly all clone models or very expensive if original,you put your line onto box to test or paid one for a set period of time.

So both miracle box and dream box are expensive?

whats a vix image? Haven't heard of it before.

---------- Post Merged at 12:08 AM ----------

If you have vermin BB.. Use a 2 way splitter before it goes into the router and then buy a coax cable to go from the splitter to the back of the cable box... Some of my kV "Ted specials" work this way and NO sub's...ultimate freeness..!!

I got told just to use a splitter to split the white cable so you have a two way connection and one of those goes in the cable box. Is this correct?

Is it hard to set up Linux boxes compared to non Linux boxes?

Reading comments seems cable boxes set up is bit tricky compared to sat boxes.

Is KV the only box which doesn't require a sub?

If I get a combo box is it possible to use my existing line on the sat box on the combo box without paying anything extra?

If I get a combo box is it possible to use my existing line on the sat box on the combo box without paying anything extra?

You mean a combo Cable/Sat box? If so, Can't see why not, you would have to have two lines obviously, one for sat, and another for cable

So both miracle box and dream box are expensive?

whats a vix image? Haven't heard of it before.

---------- Post Merged at 12:08 AM ----------

I got told just to use a splitter to split the white cable so you have a two way connection and one of those goes in the cable box. Is this correct?
This is correct Mr king... A splitter and your good to go..!

I have vermin media and a splitter as discussed earlier so I was wondering if someone can pm where I can to buy a box from etc. Thanks

You mean a combo Cable/Sat box? If so, Can't see why not, you would have to have two lines obviously, one for sat, and another for cable

What happens if you just have one line and that is cable and not sat in the combo box, wont the box work?

Can you or anyone clarify whether you can use an existing sat line in the combo box without getting banned by the provider? Is that even possible?

you can use an existing line but you must turn it of in the other box b4 you put it in the other 1 providers will ban u if you try running both boxes with 1 line unless they say 1 line 2 boxes Same IP ADDRESS - combo boxes you need a cable cline and a sat cline

What happens if you just have one line and that is cable and not sat in the combo box, wont the box work?

Can you or anyone clarify whether you can use an existing sat line in the combo box without getting banned by the provider? Is that even possible?

as said before if you want working cable you need a cable cline
if you want sat working you need a sat cline
if you want both cable and sat then you need 2 lines
so cable line in only sat wont open decrypt and vice-versa.
you can move your line from other box to this box but not 2 different boxes.

Just to clarify I cant run one sat line in two boxes otherwise I will be banned? I have read people use their existing sat line in a combo or cable box without switching the sat line off.

But if I get a combo box and just get a cable line then obviously only the cable part will work and not the sat part unless I get a sat line as well. Right?

I dont get what you mean. If you have a combo box and dont get a sat line but a cable line can you view all the cable channels without a problem and only the free sat channels?

Can anyone tell me does it cost alot to get a sat and cable line for a combo box?

Would I be better of just getting a single tuner so just a cable and not combo box?

you may have to request a line price for each in their own section,sat is better than cable and will work in the future on other sats,on cable boxes if they go down will it be a new box? its up to you what box you want but loss of hd on sat is a big thing with sports and movies.

Back