Recover Dead Openbox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

now stuck on load at lo93 then goes to e001, what next I have trawled through this sight but nobody comes up with a definitive answer

Hi my skybox a6 stuck on load when I try to flash message come up wrong file can any one help me plz

---------- Post Merged at 12:01 AM ----------

Hi my skybox a6 stuck on load when I try to flash message come up wrong file can any one help me plz

---------- Post Merged at 12:06 AM ----------

Hi mate I got same problem is well no one answer me yet if you sort the box let me know plz if I know I will let you know tanks

anyone local to me in manchester fancy having a crack at my box ?
im not brave enough to do it myself..lol

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ----------

now stuck on load at lo93 then goes to e001, what next I have trawled through this sight but nobody comes up with a definitive answer

this is because you sky lead is shorting out. the coax cable from the dish coming into your house is causing the probblem.
i had to rewire mine , it was that old. it fixed the probblem.

Hi all,I've managed to brick my V6s and am quite happy to reflash it using the RS232 method but the V6S has a 3.5mm jack plug socket for it's RS232 connection.

images

I can't find a lead for the box for sale in the UK and don't fancy waiting for one to arrive from China so am quite happy to solder one up myself but despite hours of Googling I can't find the pinout details anywhere,would someone have the wiring diagram for the RS232 - 3.5mm jack lead please?

I have swopped from windows 7 to a laptop running windows xp I now get stb sdram failed on two boxes, I have put the settings right but this makes no differnce

Hello everyone

Just registered and was in need from some assistance, having read few posts/threads on recovering Openbox V8S boxes that are stuck on LoAd. Messed my box with a channel list update which has caused the box to be in LOAD lock postion.

Urgently need some assistance to get it back up and running. I have a NULL modem serial cable and a old laptop with serial port. Once my status changes i will sure to keep posting on my findings..

Thanks

i will try this now.

---------- Post Merged at 02:53 PM ----------

Just registered to get my box back up and running, as it's stuck on load. I have read the post and got myself a null usb cable needed a gender changer too. So will it a try now.
Thank you.

Is there a link that has worked for users to flash the box back up, want to load latest firmware for open box V8s so it can boot up. Currently it's stuck on LoAd

im planning to use eromupgradetool ...

require file if someone can assist by posting an updated link...!

much appreciated

QUOTE=galvatron;407452]i will try this now.

---------- Post Merged at 02:53 PM ----------

Just registered to get my box back up and running, as it's stuck on load. I have read the post and got myself a null usb cable needed a gender changer too. So will it a try now.
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

...got myself a null usb cable needed a gender changer too...

If you mean that you have a USB to serial adapter, then it needs to be used with a null modem cable. A gender changer will not work, as pin numbers need to be crossed over in the null modem cable, which the gender changer won't do.

Keeps saying "wrong file" for me :(

When you click on the "Browse" button, you need to select an image that you have downloaded for your box, not the "eromclient.abs" as shown in the tutorial.

Have a look at the skybox flashing thread. It works for openboxes as well.

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-...lash-using-serial-rs232-null-modem-cable.html

Posted on the f5s recovery thread as i am getting burning flash is failed' but just realised' I have an openbox V5S and not F5S. Would that explain my problem?

Back