Sat IPTV Cable

yoos21

Where do you rank these 3 from experience I've used all 3 but eurovox didn't require Internet

My top 3

Sat
Cable
IPTV

My experience with c/s doesnt go back as long as others.

Did have a chipped cable box in the mid-late 90s before that stopped.

2012 or 2013 was when I jumped on board with c/s and Sat HD and all channels working at the time was awesome and then when that went I jumped onto cable and it had the main channels and again quality etc was great.

Really miss both sat and cable c/s but things move on. You have eurosats for anyone into that kind of thing. IPTV is mainly what alot are using and quality wise will never reach the standard of sat and cable but it itself has come along way and is actually really good quality and very stable today.

Last edited:
Have to say IPTV has came on by a long way in recent years, the all round quality has improved greatly, I recently took a new sub out and so far its been excellent regards of PQ and time delay, I also have a decent back up, great PQ but time delay is around 50 secs behind, but as said, its a very good back up, there was a time, several years ago thay I would not have had many good things to say about iptv, but I have to hold my hands up now and admit how much it has improved, I have motorised, but rarely even use it nowadays, a few sats have lost some good channels recently, but the old sat and cable c/s days spoilt us all, we never had it so good, but iptv is now starting to run it close, I know I am happy with my 2 services, much cheaper than paying out the big bucks to sky or VM for the full packages, paying VM £35 a month now for internet, basic tv channels, we do get Sky1, living, witness, etc, all sd versions, but its ok for that price, that includes the phone line, but thats never used as we dont have a landline phone in the house.

Have to say IPTV has came on by a long way in recent years, the all round quality has improved greatly, I recently took a new sub out and so far its been excellent regards of PQ and time delay, I also have a decent back up, great PQ but time delay is around 50 secs behind, but as said, its a very good back up, there was a time, several years ago thay I would not have had many good things to say about iptv, but I have to hold my hands up now and admit how much it has improved, I have motorised, but rarely even use it nowadays, a few sats have lost some good channels recently, but the old sat and cable c/s days spoilt us all, we never had it so good, but iptv is now starting to run it close, I know I am happy with my 2 services, much cheaper than paying out the big bucks to sky or VM for the full packages, paying VM £35 a month now for internet, basic tv channels, we do get Sky1, living, witness, etc, all sd versions, but its ok for that price, that includes the phone line, but thats never used as we dont have a landline phone in the house.
I would add the sheer content you get with IPTV including even VOD that sat and cable c/s couldnt come close in that regard.

True mate, I dont use the VOD much, but I did find myself watching the latest Clint Eastwood movie last night on mines, I thought after The Mule, he said that was it for him, but guess not.

True mate, I dont use the VOD much, but I did find myself watching the latest Clint Eastwood movie last night on mines, I thought after The Mule, he said that was it for him, but guess not.

Good actor BTW. He's made some classics.

In regards to iptv you have 3pms, US and other international channels along with ppvs. Just shows in comparison how much less you got with sky and cable c/s.

On balance I suppose IPTV is the best of all 3 in my opinion you get vod much more content win win. I know 3 pm kick offs are avaliable on Sat but the set up is a bit more complicated.

There is not huge difference in picture quality iptv Has come on a long way. As ever secret is getting a good supplier.

First thing to look at would be understanding the encryption before deciding what hardware will be needed I would of thought.

Nothing on cable in the UK.
And there won't be for the foreseeable future.
Forget it.
I don't know if there is a market for it now. Let's face it the viark boxes on Sat were not a huge success. And they had been going a good while before they were mentioned on here.

Back