Sly sports box office on VM line

He's just confirmed tivo boxes are the only ones that get hd & they're cardless so obviously can't be used for cs.

SD only for us then. Ah well, better than a lot of people stuck on 28e sky only boxes.
Haven't we had a ITV Box Office event that's been available to our boxes?

VM didnt encrypt the last boxing that was on ITV Box office for some reason.

I'm thinking because it was only available on cardless boxes so they didn't feel the need to ... hopefully it will be the same tonight :)

I'm thinking because it was only available on cardless boxes so they didn't feel the need to ... hopefully it will be the same tonight :)
VM didnt encrypt the last boxing that was on ITV Box office for some reason.
The Eubank Jr fight? That's weird. Since this is going to be SSBO taking over that frequency for the event, I would doubt they'd leave it unencrypted

Prime Event/Sky Event have only ever been on SD, ITV PPV the first and only time a fight was shown was the Eubank fight and that was not encrypted.

The Eubank Jr fight? That's weird. Since this is going to be SSBO taking over that frequency for the event, I would doubt they'd leave it unencrypted

I didn't watch it but other people on here did who say it wasn't encrypted but as said, this channel was only available on cardless boxes so they probably didn't think they needed to as it wasn't a threat via cs.

Well if they don't encrypt it would be fantastic. Not only would it be free, but there'd be absolutely no freezing when almost every subscriber tuned into the same channel at once!

Unfortunately I think they'll encrypt this time. Hope I'm wrong though!

On VM it will still come through via your sub provider's server as only channels 1-5 are FTA on VM.

On VM it will still come through via your sub provider's server as only channels 1-5 are FTA on VM.
No, unencrypted channels don't need a encryption key so it wouldn't need to go through the server.

You can watch any of the "behind the scenes" channels, as well as FTA, like Live Events Channels, Channel Off Air slates and sky events while all unencrypted with CAMs being disabled

No, unencrypted channels don't need a encryption key so it wouldn't need to go through the server.

You can watch any of the "behind the scenes" channels, as well as FTA, like Live Events Channels, Channel Off Air slates and sky events while all unencrypted with CAMs being disabled

On VM it does because like I say, only channels 1-5 are FTA. If you try scanning the cable side on a H2H without having a line on the box, only channels 1-5 will clear.

On VM it does because like I say, only channels 1-5 are FTA. If you try scanning the cable side on a H2H without having a line on the box, only channels 1-5 will clear.
Disabled my CAM, still had the unencrypted sky events working

BT Sport 3 i'm guessing you mean - and that's not encrypted? odd.

Not sure dont want to go off the subject of the thread but maybe its a free day/weekend channel or something just to give vm users that dont have sports package a sample of what they could get

Hmm maybe ... in regards to the boxing being on ITV PPV HD channel tonight, we can only home - does it say it starts at 6pm on the epg on this channel? not long til we find out if so :)

Back