Slyk Skin Mods v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, All

This is my first post relating to the slyk mods, however have been a slyk user for around 5 months and have donated on more than one occasion to kiddac for his superb effort!

I like to think I am quite techy, however coding I am absolutely pants at and am very paranoid that I may break something and then have to spend days putting everything back in its place!

I've looked through the seven pages of this thread and I am interested in adding some of these mods in myself, however I would like to ask if somebody could give me a tutorial for each

Apologies in advance if this seems lazy of me, there are some instructions for the ones that have caught my eye, however some of the links posted are now dead and others just show screenshots of the outcome opposed to the how-to (not a dig at anyone that's posted though, honestly great efforts to all that have worked hard on these, a big thumbs up)

So I was attracted to the following :

Post 32 by boobishabang - epg tabs no longer have line in between

Post 47 by no1gooner - official sly number zap

Post 70 by gmanpanthro - screens for tv guide onto main/other menus (and post 104 for the yellow border)

Post 84 by chabs - 3rd event in infobar

Post 123 by gmanpanthro - epg official sly, relating to posts 70 + 104

Now I understand if it seems like I am asking a lot, but if somebody could possibly reply or pm me exactly what files i need to add in, change, edit or replace to have the above working on my box, I would appreciate it so much that I will buy you a beer too - I have absolutely no problem in rewarding other members for their hard work and support!

I did also read on the thread something about making a mymods file but this is far too advanced for my brain - maybe if somebody who knows what they are doing could create this for the above mods I would like and send it over to me, then let me know what else I need to amend/add/change etc, it would be very very appreciated

If it helps, I am running VIX v4.2 on Vu+Duo2 with the latest Slyk V5 skin which kiddac updated 3 days ago on his dropbox

Many thanks in advance, and apologies once again if seems lazy, but if I knew/understood all this coding talk I could give it a go myself!

Sorry for the essay :/

For mine if you download all the files in my dropbox link above ull have all my mods - and this includes the mymods file that you mentioned.

All you have to do is create a folder in the slyk-1-hd folder called skyicons and copy all the files from my dropbox that are in the same named folder. The other files (extras.xml, mymods.xml and skin.xml) just go into the slyk-1-hd folder. The last file i have there is one called tv-picon goes into slyks mybackground folder as this is used to have a pure transparent background to the picons within the channel selection feature.

For mine if you download all the files in my dropbox link above ull have all my mods - and this includes the mymods file that you mentioned.

All you have to do is create a folder in the slyk-1-hd folder called skyicons and copy all the files from my dropbox that are in the same named folder. The other files (extras.xml, mymods.xml and skin.xml) just go into the slyk-1-hd folder. The last file i have there is one called tv-picon goes into slyks mybackground folder as this is used to have a pure transparent background to the picons within the channel selection feature.

thanks gman, i will have a go at this, could you tell me which mods you have in the mymods xml, as there are some on this thread i don't want.

many thanks for your reply, much appreciated

hwo can add PICON in directory folder
1_0_19_72_D_85_C00000_0_0_0.jpg

thanks gman, i will have a go at this, could you tell me which mods you have in the mymods xml, as there are some on this thread i don't want.

many thanks for your reply, much appreciated

In my mymods file i have the following mods

Picons on main/other menus
Official sky epg menu
Layout 4 on channel selection screen for crossepg users
Non scroll bars for pressing red(options) in epg
Non scroll bars for pressing record on epg

In my mymods file i have the following mods

Picons on main/other menus
Official sky epg menu
Layout 4 on channel selection screen for crossepg users
Non scroll bars for pressing red(options) in epg
Non scroll bars for pressing record on epg

nice one, mainly what I am looking for :) i will have a play with it in the morning and let you know how I get on, thanks gman

grant... the good thing with skin faffing, if you do something wrong, your box will go into a boot loop. But if you then just undo your last amend, it will come out the bootloop and continue to load. No need to turn the box off or reset.

For safe keeping, just have a working copy of my slyk1hd folder saved somewhere on your comp. Then work on a different folder for uploading.

Last edited:
grant... the good thing with skin faffing, if you do something wrong, your box will go into a boot loop. But if you then just undo your last amend, it will come out the bootloop and continue to load. No need to turn the box off or reset.

For save keeping, just have a working copy of my slyk1hd folder saved somewhere on your comp. Then work on a different folder for uploading.

Thanks kiddac, this helps actually and does make sense to work on the folder on the laptop then ftp rather than just messing with the ftp client entirely

Much appreciated

I'm going to have a play around with the nods tomorrow by starting with the help from gman and post back either how quick and easy and worrying for nothing it was or if I develop baby brain and ness up the whole thing lol

the lock signifies whether you are on a free channel, or scrambled channel. I find it useful personally.

Do you guys want the 3 program info bar. It's not something I plan to put in the proper version because again I think the snr and what tuners are free are more useful than the 3rd program. I really don't watch that much tv to care what is on in 3 hours time.

the lock signifies whether you are on a free channel, or scrambled channel. I find it useful personally.

Do you guys want the 3 program info bar. It's not something I plan to put in the proper version because again I think the snr and what tuners are free are more useful than the 3rd program. I really don't watch that much tv to care what is on in 3 hours time.

Yes please :beg:

You can have an option for those who want the 3rd event on the infobar kiddac...am sure you can that in your extra.xml

That would please most people...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That is in the code. You have to remove Slyks time converter code...

I've changed it in infobar.xml and epg.xml but can't find this one.
The option to remove the time converter totally would be good.
I know Kiddac wants it to look as much like Sly as possible but my tiny brain works in 24 hour format.

It will be in main templates. You will have to copy the time converter from v4

So... if I change the main templates does it change everything else?
I've been beavering away manually and had to change all of these files:

24 hour files.png

Part 2 of what I want to do eventually is to incorporate it into mymods.xml and the ability to switch between 24hr and am/pm .....possible?

.....Lord alone knows why you do this for a hobby, I've only been at it for the morning and I've gone cross eyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back