Starview - 12 more months! What you wanted to know!! The Show Must Go On

I'm a Newbie to all this sv box stuff... i have had my box for a long time but it has only worked for 6-7 months and then Nagra 3 hit the area... I live in Portsmouth. I have starview 5 usb 2. Are you saying we have to wait 12 more months for the box to work again? Is there any possible way of fixing starview 5: update in firmware? (i'm currently running v2.03), codes?...

There is no fix for the SV5 suzz :(

The 12 month thing is to do with the SV 7, it will only last 12 months from when you first connect and use it ;)

whats going on thekiddy? u suppose to be adding channels not takin them off, 12 months is getting closer not long left now......

nothing updated since 13-04-2011 , i just hope there was no truths in skyboss forums post just before he was banned, yes you get what you pay for and take a chance but i still would not recommend one of these boxs, yes they are back sort off severs still freezes channels come and go, drives me made going though the tv menu finding we have more off than on, ok rant over,

my signal and quality levels are fine and i have a direct feed into my box no splitters and i still have trouble with missing channels freezing etc !!

The kiddy

good afternoon madame if you give me your bank account details and sort code we will transfer the channels immediatelyz

5F5C19BB-A6ED-4F31-BE34-BA6A137274E4_extra.jpg

I like many others are waiting for information regarding these sv7 boxes

whats the point in trying to drag it out

just give us some kind off feed back off what to expect please

loss of channels

quess your right, but i thought we were told they would update themselfs?? have tried factory reset/ scan but made no difference. ss news did come back last nite tho... the kiddy havnt been on here for a long time to explain why???????? lol

quess your right, but i thought we were told they would update themselfs?? have tried factory reset/ scan but made no difference. ss news did come back last nite tho... the kiddy havnt been on here for a long time to explain why???????? lol

The KV has background scanning where the SV does not, so you'll lose channels with frequency change although the problem seems to be a little more than that.

It would be a welcome addition to have on SV as it's not a huge task, most of the DM500c images have this from some 2 yrs ago.

Added after 4 minutes:

i think u may find the freq of missing channels av moved an the server aint updated thats my thought

Freq's have no bearing server side, as long as the server has correct entitlements that amongst other things will provide you with channels.
Seems to be server/card issue unfortunately for some.

Last edited:
loss of channels

thanks aston,didnt know that they didnt update/ even the old eurovox use to update itself & i had mine for around 4years.. so what do we do sit & wait for answers from the kiddy, who like i said seem to have dissapeared????lol

weeeeeeeeeeel lets wait and see

Added after 2 minutes:

can we do any thing else :whacko::beg:lol:whistling::p:idea::censored:

Last edited:
thanks aston,didnt know that they didnt update/ even the old eurovox use to update itself & i had mine for around 4years.. so what do we do sit & wait for answers from the kiddy, who like i said seem to have dissapeared????lol

Sorry, may have misread the question.
When you say "update itself" if you mean autoroll like the old Eurovox yes they should although using a completely different method which will be too boring too go into.

u seem 2 know your stuff aston, we used 2 put codes in etc on eurovox, but even i know that you cant do that anymore since n3 sorted that out for us all...guess were ALL IN THE HANDS OF THE KIDDY??????????:woohoo:

u seem 2 know your stuff aston, we used 2 put codes in etc on eurovox, but even i know that you cant do that anymore since n3 sorted that out for us all...guess were ALL IN THE HANDS OF THE KIDDY??????????:woohoo:

Unfortunately with the KV/SV your going to be dependant on the source for upkeep of the boxes. It's unlikely they will allow 3rd party use of there boxes as it's most likely a proprietary system being used and the boxes/software may not support a common protocol such as Cccam, etc

There are other options available such as Dreambox 500c and a few other semi-open source receivers if you feel the need to have Cable. It's unlikely that you will be able to find a private server though, there are some around but very discreet.

If your able to do so best to find a private Sat server as there generally more reliable and there is normally a point of contact should you have any problems/downtime.

As for now you'll all be waiting eagerly for Kiddy to appear.

the cable scene over here died over 18 months ago,moved onto sat,a whole different game and more hd channels:woohoo:(y)

Back