Starview Connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look through the vents on top right hand side, you Wil see it on a white sticker on a circuit board starts ir or two other letters then some numbers that's it, I would wait though nobody who has sent there's in that last week have connected or had a response from the kiddy, mac addresses are a way to be traced too if you do send it make sure it's a none supplier email

Hi Falconzz
Just a note to say no MAC address will have an I or an R in it, a MAC address will only have letters A through to F in it buddy.

hi

I just had my starview 7 and after upgrading to showMustGoOn2.12, I am still have not connected issue, I have read through this forum and I can read something on sending of Mac address. With which email address do I send my to and how can this help me solve my not connecting issue.

Thank Crafty

I have read through this forum and I can read something on sending of Mac address. With which email address do I send my to and how can this help me solve my not connecting issue.

Last edited:
u shud see an email adress on the 1st post ,showmustgoon,thread follow the guide and all will be sorted hopfully soon ,we all geting same non connected issues

Starview 7 still not working after e-mail

After sending two separate e-mails with my mac address last week my box still isnt working and I havent received any confirmation of them even being received.
I dont think that sending your mac codes is worth the effort as I believe the problem with the latest boxes may be due to a change of software to prevent problems with importation after the Derbyshire arrests, this is only my theory and of course I may be wrong, but its strange that the original boxes are working ok (ish!).
Also I dont think that the people complaining are out of order as suggested in certain quarters as these boxes are sold with the implied ability to receive a lot more than the five free to air channels and Starview are now shifting a lot of boxes which at the moment are only good as doorstops, as this is an open forum I assume that I won't get a ban for voicing my opinion!

no you should not get a ban,he did say 12 hrs and it has been longer,i have not seen anybody report back saying they are now connected:boo:he may be very busy but customer support is vital for any business.

within 24 hours is advised on the first post no mention of 12 hours however i have also sent the MAC address as requested over 72 hours ago and still unable to connect i have been factory reseting and full scan daily but still scrambled.

this is not a user error as i have managed to recover over 15 box with the showmustgoon.ups firmware even after the update to V2 of firmware. This guy however did not update with original shomustgoon firmware still had carling FW from when the box went down.
i have given him my own box which works fine and i have taken ownership of this one and will be monitoring the length of time it took to come back on if at all, thankfully i have a KV box as well otherwise i myself may have been a little more upset with the situation and length of time it is taking to get these boxs back up and running again. However the kiddy cannot be held responsible for this particular case as it was advised to have the box running with the original Showmustgoon firmware months ago and if this had been done when we where told then we would not be having this issue with the new firmware.

many of the problems happen when their box is working new firmware comes and goes but because box still works it is not used,only when box stopped will they go looking for a fix,i still see the odd post looking for codes or firmware for the older boxes:beg:lol,just out of touch.

as of 2pm today has anyone else whos sv6 and 7 boxes where working lost all channels bar fta ie all the movie and sports channel etc are now just showing up as scrambled !!

well hello all just new here and am looking a little help with firm ware update for star view 5 box so any help would go along way and a little info on the box its a the box usb 2

The starview 5 is now dead in the water unfortunately deeboo.
The only cable boxes working now are starviews 6 + 7 (not worth touching at present), and the Kryptview A780.

E mailed my mac 5 days ago still not on did all the rebooting and reinstalling over and over again still not connected

Just be told of a fix by one off my tech guys will post back as soon as I can confirm it works fingers crossed all it does not involve mac address emailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back