Starview Connection issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
fingers crossed, i can help you all all i can say he has just asked for the number on the back with the barcode, not the one inside he is the guy i bought the box from, in dudley originally

so we when we where asked for the macs that was pointless
as i stated before i have bought a kryptview cause the level off service is so much better
i beleive that starview will eventually go bust they just dont offer any service what so ever
Kiddy stated that the boxes whould be on in 24 hours well its been a week still nothing
no wonder people are getting fed up and angry if this was running legitly they whould go out off business
So Kiddy tell the Starview Team to get there act together and give people some kind of service

It may be that either will do, but It is the MAC address they ultimately need ellen, all they will do with a serial number is find out what MAC address was assigned to it.
Think of a MAC address as your house address, it is a physical address that can not be changed. That way a postman like Dee will always be able to deliver a letter to the intended house. So in this case it is the physical address of your box that the decription information is delivered to over the net using Internet protocols (rules).

If you bought a new house, Dee would not deliver a letter to you if it was not on his list.

You could easily change your phone number (IP address) any number of times but the letter will always get to your house using the house address (MAC address).

I have a Kryptview thank god, and although starviews have served me well in the past, with this farce I will not touch them again. And I have never knocked starview prior to this.

Jodav i sent the mac when we was asked to mate.
i have had starview for years but like your self never gain
i bought 9 for family members and not one working
over a grand lost
but am happy with kryptview l:) just wont encourage people to buy starview anymore

Starview 7 Sill Not Connected Cmon Kiddy??????

Still Not Connected Over 2 Weeks Since I Bought Box Kiddy Any S/W Updates Coming To Fix This , Sent Mac From Inside Box Abt Week Ago Tae????

moved to thread that already exists for connection issues Snedz

will members stop making new threads for problems or info that already exists

when you mean mac address on stb is it the bar code on the back of box cheers paul

Added after 12 minutes:

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on for some time iv been busy and away!

Right just to settle things, people who used and activated the show must go on (first release) will be able to obtain connection using the new software!

Although people who had the carling software on and recently upgraded to the showmustgoon cannot obtain connect due to some security issues that have arisen over the last several weeks!

Also we currently have over 170 channels active with only a handful left that finger crossed won't take long to finish ;-)

If anyone is having connection issues please email your mac addresses to

-= Hidden Content =-

Hidden to unregistered members!

The authenticity of the mac will be checked and come online within 24hours

(the addresses are located on the rear of your stb)

mac address
256mac0014a4a4a4fd cheers paul

Last edited:
The mac address is on the back of the box or on the cardboard box it came in its a barcode 1 letter 12 numbers

as i stated before i have bought a kryptview cause the level off service is so much better
i beleive that starview will eventually go bust they just dont offer any service what so ever
Kiddy stated that the boxes whould be on in 24 hours well its been a week still nothing
no wonder people are getting fed up and angry if this was running legitly they whould go out off business
So Kiddy tell the Starview Team to get there act together and give people some kind of service

think there seems to be confusion on what mac address is wanted

it is not your modem mac address
it is not your WiFi mac address
it is you sv7 box mac address that is needed <-------- this

it should say the word mac and numbers together with letters

yes you are ellen,they dont do reading of posts and no research done and people are still buying boxesROFL

starview the box usb 2

Hi i didnt explain all right will try again i think this is yonks old because the person whom asked me to try and update it is on in there years too so this box doesnt have a network card built in the model number on the box is (THE BOX USB ll) serial number is (91004884) so if any one knows were to get new firmware for old boxes would be very greatful

Regards Deeboo :)

Unless its a starview 6 or 7 the box won't work deeboo, Nag3 took care of that, there is no firmware for other boxes that will make them work on N3.

You were also answered here

Last edited:
hello,
ive just brought a new starview 7 and put the new showmustgoon 2.12 on and it says not connected
my starview 7 mac is

I061101104279

thank you

no point posting your mac address on here,

read 1st post on first page of this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back