Starview Official Update 24/11/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the problem with the payments are......

In the last 12 months Starview had over 100,000 new customers join their service I think this was mainly due to the switch over, they needed to explained their system to cope with the demand. Work was being carried out to do this, however many members where still paying for their subs and were not being activated this was starviews fault as they should have stopped taking payments until the problem was fixed, (however, no business in the world will tel their customers to stop sending us your money) but a agree this was wrong of starview to do this.

When members on this forum and rightly so started to complain about paid and not being activated and still waiting, Tbag/Boxt started to tel everyone to claim for a refund though their paypal accounts but what happened was everybody including the ones were their boxes were activated and working decided to do so the some and filed a claim. Paypal's security measures stepped in and have now frozen their accounts so nobody from the starview can access or take out any money until the limitations have been lifted. You can still file a claim though your paypal account and you will be refunded. I don't care what anybody says but Tbag/Boxt and few others had their own hidden agendas they never owned a starview box but were the biggest complainers and were always attacking the starview service even before the problems started take a look around the starview threads and you will know what I mean. They were quick to mock but they have caused most of the problems, you may have showed us down but starview will be back up and running soon they are working on the problems. Anybody that feels they have been ripped off please PM me with your details.

Last edited:
So what about the people who have gone over the 45 days and can not get there money back from paypal and did try how do they get there money back they have tryed emails etc and get no reply

Starview have been lying for months and months. If it was a business well it's been ran like rangers fc. And look what happened there. How can it be good business sence if you lie and bullshit the one thing that lines the pockets. Costomers

---------- Post Merged at 03:42 PM ----------

Me for 1 payed September. Emailed starview was told to go through pay pal. Went through PayPal and still waiting so what you ment to do there starking

---------- Post Merged at 03:54 PM ----------

And as for telling everyone that the system is now fixed and to start paying into another account explains it all really. So dont come on hitting us with that crap it's our fault. We all no what has happened from day one starking

I think this was mainly due to the switch over, they needed to explained their system to cope with the demand.

You think isn't an answer, that is you guessing again.

(however, no business in the world will tel their customers to stop sending us your money) but a agree this was wrong of starview to do this.

A reputable business would not take your money if it had nothing to offer in return, get real fool!. :whacko:
Thekiddy was more concerned in getting a new payment system up rather than fixing missing channels.

You are in the dark as the next man from your previous posts stating you dont know!, so if YOU don't know what is going on why are you telling people it will be back, has thekiddy told you it will be back or are you like him getting as many payments as possible then doing a runner which thekiddy appears to have already done.

Last edited:
So its ok for your m8 ****** to rip people off and not to be exposed as a Ripper then??? .......Do you want his address on here as well, just in case you want to send him a Christmas card?

Exposing bad practice is one thing (i'm all for that) but posting details that could potentially get somebody jailed is an entirely different kettle of fish, especially when there's no real reason for posting such details except to cause trouble. Their bad behaviour shouldn't be a justification for others to also behave badly.

btw, for future reference - SV are no m8's of mine and certainly wont be getting any Christmas cards from me !

Last edited:
so can you tell me my boxes will be up and running it i dont get a refund i payed on 12 sep as its to late to get a refund through pay pal.

In the last 12 months Starview had over 100,000 new customers join their service

Untrue - there aren't that many boxes, even when you take into account the older generation boxes which haven't functioned since N1 ended. There's certainly been nothing like that number of new customers in the past 12 months.

I'd guess the 100,000 your quoting is the number of 'visitors' that the sv team are blaming for bringing their site down. Obviously a DDOS attack rather than actual customers.

I think this was mainly due to the switch over, they needed to explained their system to cope with the demand. Work was being carried out to do this, however many members where still paying for their subs and were not being activated this was starviews fault as they should have stopped taking payments until the problem was fixed, (however, no business in the world will tel their customers to stop sending us your money) but a agree this was wrong of starview to do this.

Which switch over would that be ?

The SV backend servers are located in exactly the same place they've always been. There has been no technical switchover. The 'fault' was a disagreement over payment between Kiddie & crew and the actual SV server operators. Note that Kiddie & crew are NOT sv but are simply front men supposedly handling payments (whilst no doubt taking a proportion for themselves).

When members on this forum and rightly so started to complain about paid and not being activated and still waiting, Tbag/Boxt started to tel everyone to claim for a refund though their paypal accounts but what happened was everybody including the ones were their boxes were activated and working decided to do so the some and filed a claim. Paypal's security measures stepped in and have now frozen their accounts so nobody from the starview can access or take out any money until the limitations have been lifted.

Not really true. The Paypal accounts were frozen after a complaint from VM and various rights holders. Its nothing whatsoever to do with so called customer action. Paypal security are investigating the accounts as a 'proceeds of crime' case so Kiddie etc is unlikely to be getting them back anytime soon, always assuming he's stupid enough to try claiming them.

You can still file a claim though your paypal account and you will be refunded.

Would you risk this knowing the accounts are now likely under investigation ?
I suspect its better to cut your losses and walk away.

I don't care what anybody says but Tbag/Boxt and few others had their own hidden agendas they never owned a starview box but were the biggest complainers and were always attacking the starview service even before the problems started take a look around the starview threads and you will know what I mean. They were quick to mock but they have caused most of the problems, you may have showed us down but starview will be back up and running soon they are working on the problems. Anybody that feels they have been ripped off please PM me with your details.

Probably they did but it doesn't mean they were wrong, as we can now see. I doubt they caused the problems though and suspect its just a case of sv's bad behaviour spreading.

I've always had an interest in the tech behind the servers so its really not that difficult to fathom where the servers are located. Couple that with some 'social engineering' (its amazing how incestuous the cardshare world is, everybody seems to know everybody else) and its very easy to find out some of the truths behind the myths.

Also, its pretty easy to repudiate patently silly comments like '100,000 new customers in the last year'. Comments like that are just pure fantasy.

funny now you have resurfaced again now that boxt is not here to defend himself,the fact that you shot yourself in the foot with all that bull people have now woken up to all your false promises and missed dates,believe it or not we did have starview boxes but having to buy a new unit every few years can be going overboard,sv1-7 and combo box promised a fix never came,digital duo? and the opposition boxes kv 700 no fix,750,780,850 still work,if you had not played around and jerked people around you would not have everyone complaining.can no one over there not have kept people informed of what was going on ,forgot the pc was password protected.
and no i dont think you will be back again,maybe you will but remember all those members who you forgot,but they have not forgotten the starview saga and that means more on kv boxes with no subs or real tv with sat:nolisten::fartlight:

It would have been good if Starking/ The Kiddy(kinney), et al could have been in as much as they have in the last 24 hours for the last 3 or 4 months. But like the Kiddy, starking has come in abusing and belittling people without answering the legitimate questions.
It wasn't a rip off from the start, people got a service for quite some time, but since nagra 3 came along, it has been one mess up after the other. it is no wonder their customers are complaining.
The likes of boxT, did not slow down the "repair of the server" but now he is not here to answer, he can become the latest "reason" (not excuse, you understand) for this monumental F@ck up

hi there is there new firmware for sv7 i got 3.00 at moment but no channels working

view 3.00 is the latest software

best part of the channels are down for everyone at the moment, and its definitely not looking good for starview to restore channels anytime soon

Last edited:
Read the threads Julie, no NEW activations since July, and according to other forums if you are lucky enough to be activated you still have no channels to look forward to. My advice to you would be to wait, the new deadline for first batch of activation is said to be 15th Dec but I wouldn't hold your breath! :tickle:

Well if it does come on again I would beware of the new worldpay system - direct pay from your account to theirs with no guarantee & no refund :whacko:

U can not pay by paypal any more because it got messed up and world pay dont do refunds so all u can do really is wait and see if they get it up and running. But dont pay them a second time as lots have done that and still not on.

thankyou another £50 down the swanny river i,ll wait to see ok

If you know where to look the cheapest sat setup providing you have a dish and internet connection close to your telly I can find is £74.

This is with a blackbox 500s (dm500s clone but works the same) and a steady verified cs line provider who does a year for £30.

Add this to the fact you arent tied to one server which is run by feckin idiots if you don't like the server.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back