The all-new CS Sky-Numbered 28.2 chan. list for Openbox/Skybox + 13E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys i have not tried this channel list but can anyone tell me that is this a sky numbered channel list. for example. if i type 401 for sky sports 1 will it work?

And another question, All of my channels are working except for ESPN HD can anyone help me?

Thanks

A reply will be much appericiated.

Hi,

I am using your 28.2 Astra channel list and it is great so thank you for that.

However 1 channel is not working and this is ARY Oneworld.

Please could you take a look.

Many Thanks

hi new to this and im looking at getting a skybox f3, so do i just put this file into the f3 box and then all the channels will work or do i need to do something else to be able to view the channels?

Hi,

I am using your 28.2 Astra channel list and it is great so thank you for that.

However 1 channel is not working and this is ARY Oneworld.

Please could you take a look.

Many Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, yes you are quite right, due to my disadvantage of being a non Urdu speaker or writer I was confused by the 3 ARY channels

ARY digital
ARY One World (ARY News)
ARY QTV

I have checked them & tested on a spare box & have identified the errors so the corrections for these & recent updates will follow soon.

---------- Post Merged at 03:28 PM ----------

hi new to this and im looking at getting a skybox f3, so do i just put this file into the f3 box and then all the channels will work or do i need to do something else to be able to view the channels?

Just upload the file to the box & it should be fine but remember that my Favorites lineup is unique to this list & doesn't follow the mainstream so the sections in the favorites list should be renamed as in the first post.

Just joined this forum to download this list. Thank you very much for the list and the instructions. Think I'm starting to get the hang of my F3 now largely thanks to the helpful information on this site.

Thanks for putting this list together, I've just got my f3 setup and the channel list is a bit of a beast!

I download the file from post1 on page 1. is that the updated one? also i installed it onto my openbox s 11 the numbering works eg: 401 skysports,,

is there anyway i can have the favs that are listed in post one aswell my favs are the ones that i got with the box after i installed the list?

thanks":)

I think there is a flaw with the firmware, I believe the channels are grouped together in the correct way, but the names of the individual favourite is wrong, ie: the sports favourite might contain all the documentary channels, so change its name to documentary, etc.
Or, of course there is the long way which is to mess around in the settings and re-jig them that way.

Great list and well updated.

I've tried a few editors to delete Fav Groups I don't need such as All Channels, religion etc but with no luck... any suggestions?

Thanks

Favourites all wrong

Tested & working on S9, S10, S11, S12, F3, M3, X3 & Skybox F4, this list will give correct channel selection with standard Sky numbering so by referring to the Sky online TV listings guide & entering the channel number will get the right one.
I have no reason to suppose that this will not be perfectly good for other Openbox/Skybox models not listed.
I have a communal dish system here I have included Hotbird on 13E with some favourite lists ordered by provider.
The secret of the Openbox/Skybox channel selection by Sky numbering lies in the rudimentary way it always takes its numbering from the favorities list you used last so for correct channel selection the first favourite list is for 'All Channels' so if you prefer channel numbering over boquets then this is the one for you.
I have also rearranged the boquets to break down the International list into Islamic/Arabic, Asian & others & pushed the Adult one further down the list, the Dating one has been discontinued.

The list is currently up to date for 15/04/13 courtesy of the usual references.

Boquet list; unfortunately the list has to be renamed from the remote after uploading this is due to the failings of the box firmware, with the latest firmware the Favourite List names are remembered when updating the channel lists.
I have also developed a way of ordering favourite lists so to demonstrate, the Sports, Entertainment & Irish lists will have a much more logical/friendly layout, comments would be welcome on this as it is very much a 'work in progress' project at the moment.
The Sky Sports Active Favourites are labelled with their original channel numbers at the moment, as I never use these channels some help with the correct designations would be welcome.

1. All Channels
2. Entertainment
3. Lifestyle
4. Movies
5. Sports
6. HD Channels
7. News
8. Documentary
9. Kids
10. Music
11. Shopping
12. Religion
13. Sports Active
14. MT
15 Islamic
16. Asian
17. Box Office
18. Irish Variants
19. MT
20. MT
21. MT
22. MT
23. MT
24. All Hotbird
25. Entertaiment HB
26. Cinema Hotbird
27. Kids Hotbird
28. Al Jazeera Sport
29. Sport Hotbird
30. Sky Italia
31. Adult Astra
32. Adult Hotbird
Errors & exceptions should be notified here & will be addressed

Instructions for installing this list
This will probably work for most Openbox/Skybox models

1. Extract the downloaded file & copy contents (TP_PROG.dbs) to USB drive formated to fat32.
2. Plug the usb drive into the box.
3. Press menu on the remote and go to 'Edit Channel' and delete all your channels.
4. Exit back from the 'Edit Channel' menu and go to the 'Tools' menu
5. Select 'Upgrade by USB'.
6. In the next Window that pops up, use arrow keys to change top line to 'MISC FILES'
7. Move down to 'SELECT AND UPGRADE'
8. A new window opens, select 'TP_PROG.dbs' press green button to place a tick by it and then press Yellow button to upgrade
9. If the box asks you to confirm anything just press Yes.
10. Reboot box & Enjoy

Hi, thanks for the new list, but, all the channels are in the wrong folders, how to rectify please?

Hi,Thanks for new list.
Any idea how to convert DBS File to .Bin file as Opexbox X5 won't recognise this format?
Patg

Apologies for the delayed updates & unanswered questions but I am still recovering from endoscopic sinus surgery & have been feeling a bit poorly.
I will be bringing the list up to date over the weekend & catching up on any questions that have been asked.

Speedy recovery

Apologies for the delayed updates & unanswered questions but I am still recovering from endoscopic sinus surgery & have been feeling a bit poorly.
I will be bringing the list up to date over the weekend & catching up on any questions that have been asked.

Hi Pellonet,
Wishing you a speedy recovery,hopefully it wasn't my studid question that caused your sickness!!!
Looking forward to reading your posts.

Hi there im new to all this is there any chance u could post/send me this channel list plz as i dont knw where i am with mine at moment thanks

Is this update guranteed to work because I don't want to mess up my openbox s11. Also does this update include a fully working Sky Box Office as I want to watch the Boxing!!

Is this update guranteed to work because I don't want to mess up my openbox s11. Also does this update include a fully working Sky Box Office as I want to watch the Boxing!!

As far as I am aware, the answer to your questions are Yes & Yes.
Across the various locations this list is published there are about 600-700 downloads for each update with zero compatibility reports for the Openbox/Skybox range (except for the X5) which is sadly unsupported everywhere at this time.
Of course no responsibility can be taken for use of this list as although comprehensively tested, it is both free & offered in good faith.

---------- Post Merged at 04:43 PM ----------

Hi there im new to all this is there any chance u could post/send me this channel list plz as i dont knw where i am with mine at moment thanks

Download from the first post

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ----------

Hi Pellonet,
Wishing you a speedy recovery,hopefully it wasn't my studid question that caused your sickness!!!
Looking forward to reading your posts.

Thanks for your good wishes & rest assured that if participating in these forums could cause Anosmia, Acute Rhinosinisitis, nasal polyps & Concha Bullosa then I certainly would NOT be here. :no no:

---------- Post Merged at 04:54 PM ----------

Hi,Thanks for new list.
Any idea how to convert DBS File to .Bin file as Opexbox X5 won't recognise this format?
Patg

Sorry but I am not aware of any support or utilities for the X5 at this time.

Last edited:
I extracted the file. Put it onto memory stick... Followed the instructions and it didn't work. It upgrades and then says press "info" and when I click on that is says file not found!! Help!!

Due to some major re-engineering on the more poular Astra Only list I have decided to drop the 13E support for a short while & collect some more data to make the favorites sections for 13E more refined.
The Astra Only list is now bang up to date including:

Liverpool FC TV
Horror Channel
CBS Reality
Box Nation
Racing UK
Armchair Shop
JML Living
DM Digital
Zee News
TVC News
Bon TV
4Music
Magic
BT Sport 1
BT Sport 2
BT Sport 1 HD
BT Sport 2 HD
Extreme Sports
Showcase +1
Channel S
Geo Tez
ABN TV
TLC HD
TLC +1
Investigation +1
The Boutique
Discount TV
Noor TV
Bid Plus

Download in the first post as usual.
Please report back on any issues discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back