the blackbox for kodi install guide

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Please note feeds are down at the moment if you already have the wizard you should be fine don't update or reset and try and install because it won't work.
If you haven't already got it then have a look in the here for other repository and wizards http://www.techkings.org/xbmc-media-player/ as soon as the issue is solved i will update the source code sorry for the inconvenience.

this is a guide on how to install the blackbox add-on for kodi
hopefully you find the guide easy to follow and you'll be up and running in no time

1.open kodi/xbmc
select system, file manager
file manager.jpg

2. select add source
add source.jpg

3. select none
none.jpg
and type in the following exactly
Code:
 feeds are down at the moment will update soon
4.jpg
and press done

4.select name and name it some think simple ie blackbox
5.jpg
and click done then ok

5. go to home screen then system, settings
settings.jpg
select add-ons
addons.jpg
select install from zip file
zip file.jpg
scroll down and select blackbox
8.jpg
and wizard blackbox
9.jpg
and wait for add-on enabled notification
the add-on is now installed now go to your home
screen

6. select programs
programs.jpg
select theblackbox wizard
wizard.jpg
then install theblackbox
install 1.jpg
now you can install the build you want
instsall.jpg

once installed it will ask you to close kodi select yes if your using a amazon fire tv stick or box. When the files have finished unzipping and it says kodi must close just pull the plug from the socket to kill all power then plug back in and reopen kodi and you should be good to go enjoy pics below
Screenshot (48).jpg Screenshot (49).jpg Screenshot (50).jpg

Attachments

• the blackbox1.jpg
    the blackbox1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 90
  • name.jpg
    name.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 92
  • black box z.jpg
    black box z.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
just like to add if your using a amazon fire tv stick or box. When the files have finished unzipping and it says kodi must close just pull the plug from the socket to kill all power then plug back in and away you go

just like to add if your using a amazon fire tv stick or box. When the files have finished unzipping and it says kodi must close just pull the plug from the socket to kill all power then plug back in and away you go

Hi thanks for the advice I've just had a message of someone saying that every time they shut down and startup there firestick they lose blackbox and has to reinstall it
Any ideas thanks.

Hi there, only
Came across this yesterday
Went tgrough the steps and only
Got as far as step 5/6. When I click on Install from zip file and then the black box I get the working down in the bottom right corner and then nothing.
Any ideas?
I do see the following popping up every few seconds:
DVB Link PVR client
Unable to connect
DVBviewer client
Unable to connect

Appearing and I do have internet connect. Granted I haven't used the android box in nearly s year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it show up in programme add-on

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 AM ----------

Also the pvr clients aren't in the repo that's what you've installed before try system live TV and disable

No sorry not showing up in programme add-on

Also went to System/Settings/livers and disabled

Thanks.

Guide updated with new source if you've already installed it from previous instructions there's no need to install again

Ok - in a way glad to be of help - just saw your update and there is an error on that http site as you have .com there twice instead of once. Ran it and now working but quality is 520p can this be increased

Yes I noticed the double .com it's my bloody phone messing around with autocorect it took me ages to edit can't get hold of laptop at the moment lol. I'm not sure about changing the quality have a look through system settings

Just installed this using this guide its spot on. I did realise the double .com ... Just a quick one.. The 1st PIC of it working that shows ITV etc where in the app is that?

Just quick tip go to wizard and blackbox help there's a few good videos on how to configure it illd recommend looking at tv guide loading time Screenshot_2015-12-28-14-28-18.jpg

I can't seem to find that video? I also notice there are short cuts above sport for sports channels and the same on movies.. Can these be configured as I'd like to add some to kids TV too..
I think I've found a link which will help me add the channel links to the main page but the first step is enter the system setting but I don't seem to have this option? I have an advanced settings option but its not them same.. Any ideas?

Last edited:
what install have you got it seems each one has different layouts the one above is the adult download the ones at the bottom of my guide is the latest install

I'm not sure which install I have. It does say build 1223. During the install on your guide there are a few options but when I did it there was only one option. I have managed to access the setting now so all good. (just press OK on maintenance)

Keeps crashing when I try to install the black box wizard at the programme stage , coming up black box wizard error any ideas

No your the first person to say this I'll have a look later. What are you trying to install it on have you got enough memory on the device and how responsive is it ie is it already slow and causing issues

Back