Trying to flash zgemma

I am trying to flash my ZGemma box with ipab I have read all the other posts and done a full format fat32 on memory stick even been out and bought a 16GB SanDisk but still not going from boot to flash. I have tried and tried without any joy please help.
On your usb you have the folder zgemma then inside that another named sh1, inside the sh1 folder if you see a file named noforce rename this to force then it should work.

na, user error, 9 out of 10 times its user error

In what way m8 ??? I had a copy on a usb stick that i had kept when i flashed 2 boxes, but when i tried it again from the same stick with the same image, it would not flash the box that i has flasked 2 months earlier, so why,i ask myself...

thats why i said 9 out of 10 there is always a case thats not the problem

but its like everything on these type of things

bad iptv, bad agent
bad sky, bad agent
bad virgin, bad agent
cant flash, bad box

its never the user, but sometimes it is

If you allow the box to boot with the drive you've used for flashing still inserted, you can't flash with it again until you format it properly.
This seems only to apply to Zgemma's for some reason. They seem to corrupt the boot sector of the usb.

Either of these 2 methods work for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwagjco1ti8yo1w/Preparing Flash Drives.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hbvc2kj88qwdrr/Formatting Drives.pdf?dl=0

As soon as FLSH goes off the display and it goes to BOOT switch the power off and remove the usb drive and plug in the one you want to use for recordings, then power on.

then change it to noforce and press the power button on the front when it says usb

does it say usb? when you put the usb

You should see boot for about 5 seconds, then flsh, if you do not see it within the 10 seconds, then it will not flash... [ well none of my attempts have ]

when i do a flash how i do it is

power of at rear
usb in rear
power on at the rear
boot pops up, then changes to usb
press front power button once or twice until it says flsh
wait until flsh is of the lcd
then just wait to boot
unplug usb
plug my hdd back in
run updates
reboot box

i use stock firmware and from the openatv website it doesnt come with a forced setup

so it needs to be done, or it doesnt go any where

then send it back then or looking in to fixing the boot loader

thats where i help stops, never needed to do the boot loarder
so all the best with the problem, i hope you get sorted

We are using a Brand new SanDisk 16GB formated to fat32 and putting the usb in the rear of the box
You are only putting the folder called Zgemma on the image you are trying to put on is comparable ive done mother in laws 2s with that image

why not boot up into whatever is on box at moment, ATV? and then flash from within software management ? Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> flash-online then press blue button for local, browse to usb device /zgemma/boxname/ and flash

Back