Trying to flash zgemma

Does the box actually boot fully after you try the flash? Or does it sit with boot on the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should say boot for a couple of minutes then say flash takes about 10 minutes then after its flashes it will say boot for so long then start going from 00_100 then load up the star 2s boxes are slower at loading then the h2s

I use one of these for flashing (with 1gb sd card) and always worked first time - never even flashed the thing.

Memwah-Micro-SD-Card-Reader-Fast-USB-20-Adapter-for-all-MicroSD-cards-0.jpg

the 2s is a slow box, my Octogan boots in 16 secs ish lol

The 1st gen zgemma's although function fine they really are slow & take around twice as long in everything they do compared to the 2nd gen boxes like the H2S or H5 models...the new H7 models are lighting fast...boot & reboots faster than the H2s can shut down....made a complete backup on the H7 in 86 seconds compared to the H2S that takes nearer 3.5mins (with same ATV 6.1 self-built image build & plugins/skins etc)

Well I have now tried everything now and it still won't go on to flash tried different files image now and still the same I did my own box no problem so don't understand it

your issues is more often than not a simple one that gets missed from many builds/guids.... your USB is not in the correct state for the box to read from it (nothing wrong with your USB's or the box).... plenty of posts regarding flash issues on the forum...simply download a free program called HDDGURU & use it to low-level-format the USB then perform a FULL fat32 format with windows.... the smaller the USB in capacity the better as it take a while to prep them this way.... your 16gb stick will probably take around 40 mins to run both formats....only after this should you load the image you want to flash the box with.

Another thing to consider is wether the image is a 'force or noforce' image... a 'force' image will auto flash on powering up the box, a 'nofoce' image requires you to push the front power button within seconds of powering up the box via its white rear power switch to start the flash process

Well I have now tried everything now and it still won't go on to flash tried different files image now and still the same I did my own box no problem so don't understand it
Have you got a smaller sized USB lying around what you could try have you tried when you turn the white button on at back hold the power button in on your box

some of you don't understand I went through this as well I can now only FTP to box, I tried all posts willo posted weeks ago several different pens and sizes, personally I think its something to do with the new boxes?
To further add fuel to the fire I had a box from a few months back flashed okay with Zgemma s/w so why cant same USB pen do these new ones?

Copy the zip file of your image to /hdd/imagebackups/ and flash using image manager.
If the imagebackups folder doesn't exist, create it.

I only ever use Kingston USB pen drives for flashing, a cheap 4GB is all you need, never had any problem with them.

Anyway here is a simple step by step guide to flashing the ZGemma Star 2S for those who have trouble:

01: Create a folder on your desktop called "ZGemma"
02: Download the image of your choice and save it in the "ZGemma" folder you created
03: Right click the zipped file and select "Extract Here"
04: After extracting you should have a folder that says "zgemma" (forget the other files if there are any)
05: Format a USB pen drive in "Fat32" ( I prefer to uncheck the quick format box)
06: Go back to the "zgemma" folder, right click and select "Copy"
07: Go to your USB pen drive, right click and select "Paste". The "zgemma" folder will now appear on the USB pen drive
08: Switch of the power at the back of the ZGemma Star 2S (white button)
09: Insert the USB pen drive in the "REAR" USB port (it will not work from the front USB port)
10: Switch on the power to the ZGemma Star 2S
11: You should see the letters "FLSH" on the front display panel (do not press any buttons until prompted)

That's it, hope this helps.

Back