Unrealistic expectations?!

Appreciate that! Yeah, any questions I've had so far have been answered well!

Saying that, I do have a question actually. Reading through this has given me the understanding that it's unrealistic to use apps like Tivimate as sellers aren't likely to give you a direct link/code? Is this the case?

Luckily I held off from subscribing to the premium Tivimate, last week I thought it was as simple as bish bash bosh and away you go.

So, is it more realistic to expect the suppliers app of choice? Is there much leeway?
There is some leeway but most will want you to use their own app as it doesn't need to give out server url. Don't need to worry about requesting because unlike most you are reading beforehand which is a very good start and should help you avoid most issues

I've seen a few people mention that using a VPN will keeps your speeds consistent if on wireless connection. Is this true, if so - why is that?

Yes vpn will lower your speeds. But will keep them consistent if that makes sense. That's why it can be a good idea if using wireless.

But if you have crap speeds can make matters worse.

E.g you have 50 meg without vpn

Using a vpn reduces speed to 25 meg.

Your speeds while using vpn will stay around 25 meg and not move much at all.

Yes vpn will lower your speeds. But will keep them consistent if that makes sense. That's why it can be a good idea if using wireless.

But if you have crap speeds can make matters worse.

E.g you have 50 meg without vpn

Using a vpn reduces speed to 25 meg.

Your speeds while using vpn will stay around 25 meg and not move much at all.
I still think everyone is still talking openvpn here try wirgeuard protocol if possible especially on enigma2 I have 250mbps with virmin.

Attachments

• speedtest.png
    speedtest.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
What is the world coming too seriously, people think they can make all sorts of demands this days, it’s dodgy tv, just be happy you’re not paying the actual price, if mines has a problem, I just live with it, I’m paying pennys in comparison!

What is the world coming too seriously, people think they can make all sorts of demands this days, it’s dodgy tv, just be happy you’re not paying the actual price, if mines has a problem, I just live with it, I’m paying pennys in comparison!

There's no need to put up with substandard services these days. CS went kaput in 2017, that's 7 years that iptv providers have had to hone their services and a good service will run smoothly 99% of the time. Individually we pay pennies in comparison, but all those pennies add up to a lot of money and any iptv server worth it's salt is solid these days.

Back