V8S Open Box Problems

Really appreciate all the help, it's looking like my dish needs to be checked and re set as that's the only thing I have not done, to answer some of your questions, yes it was a channel list, now got cwaites via USB,so am going to bite the bullet and get the dish done, can stress enough how really chuffed I am to have found your forum, thank you all:peace:

Steve
What transponder frequency does sky sports hq news show as now and is it still not showing ?

My sky sports news transponder is 12266/H27500 , is this correct just seen this post and wondered if it's wrong as its not working with load of other channels too

Wrong transponder settings.
You need to update your channel list either by USB the CWAITES list on skybox sticky section post dated 17/12/15 by CDUB74 or via internet update if you installed the latest firmware update on your box.

Menu-Network Local Settings-Upgrade by Network-Connect-Select TP_PROG and box will upgrade.

Try a different HDMI cable.
Longshot but running short of ideas now.
Maybe a dodgy power supply unit.
Check that on Satellite list only sky uk no 15 is ticked in green.
Power box off then back on. Hold the Format button down for 10 seconds to see if it syncs any better.

Last edited:
Changed HDMI, 15 green ticked, got to be the dish but can't get my head round blank screen and such strong signal, fried my brain this one has Benijofar

Mine as well !
The transponder listing you posted was Hd setting so thought you had a dodgy channel list posted !
Check a few of the others with blank screens to make sure they have the correct settings now ?
Can you try the box elsewhere to see if the same problems are still there.
That would establish if it's the box or the dish/Lnb.
Did you try the Format button ?

Last edited:
What were you using prior to the new box ?
Have you tried it and does it work ok ?

Sky+HD box and that's works OK,although it is now disconnected, I did connect it up earlier using a valid card all channels ok

It's not your dish or Lnb then.
Problem is in the box somewhere.
Will have a rethink overnight for anything we might have missed.

Which channels or blank. sky sports News is all thats mentioned, is sky sports 1 and sky sports 4 working ok.

Sorry not being ignorant but have not had time to do anything this week since all your suggestions, just wanted you to know I am greatful and I will feed you back when I get chance to sort it (y)

Back