V8S Open Box Problems

Sorry not being ignorant but have not had time to do anything this week since all your suggestions, just wanted you to know I am greatful and I will feed you back when I get chance to sort it (y)
feel free to get intouch hope suggestions may pay off for you....buggsy

Hi
I have a bought and setup a good few skybox/openbox over the years.a few weeks back I bought 3 v8s boxes.2 of these are working fine but 1 of them I could only get fta and bt sports.I have tried different firmware and channel lists and in 2 friends houses .but no luck.I had read somewhere it is a faulty tuner that is the cause of the problem.so thinking this was my last chance to fix it,I soldered off a tuner off another openbox and soldered it back on to the v8s that was giving trouble.delighted with myself and full of confidence I plugged back in the box but it just picks up the same channels as before.this leaves me to think that there is a major fault with some these boxes. As for the box itself,I have giving it to a friend for fta viewing.

Got it sorted. Had to install an older version of firmware, factory reset and do an full scan. Then I downloaded the latest channel list. All seems to be working now.
Word of advice to all, do not update firmware, it can brick your box.

Word of advice to all, do not update firmware, it can brick your box.

That's ok--then we won't produce any more upgrades because you say they brick the boxes----saves me a lot of headscratching.
Upgrades are produced to enhance the boxes proformance not to damage them---use of unformatted usb keys, corrupt file downloads and lack of knowledge will brick/damage boxes not cleanly installed upgraded firmware.
Reaper.

Hi maycock1
Can you tell me what firmware you used because I tried various ones and nothing worked.

Hi,

I send days looking around and trying to figure out what was wrong, everything seemed to be working but only one or two channels were working.
All i seen was people giving you that some worked and some didn't, and loads of reasons why.
I did figure out that there are a lot of Clones on there and buying from ebay and other sites can result in you getting one of these cloned boxes without even knowing.
i have two boxes and both are identical and you could not tell the clone easily. i did update the Firmware through the box itself when i got it, and never got it to work after this.
I did get mine to work though.

I wiped all setting, including Cccam and/or Ncccam, and the channels.

Nest i did a full reset on the box.

I installed ww.skybox.cc/downinfo.asp?id=116

When it restarted i did a full manual tune of the channels.

I manually entered in my Ncccam setting.

Last i downloaded the latest list from
ww.channel-list.co.uk/digishop/channel-list/

My box has been working now for 3 straight days.

Thanks for that info.as I said I gave the box to a friend but will try this method if I come across another box that shows no signal on certain channels.

I'm a novice i know i have to stick a usb in the back of my V8s box but what settings do i use to get my epg please? any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I'm a novice i know i have to stick a usb in the back of my V8s box but what settings do i use to get my epg please? any feedback would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Goto epg serttings, change from sat to xmltv, think you need to then goto bottom and download, leave the usb in and highlight auto update

Thank you

Goto epg serttings, change from sat to xmltv, think you need to then goto bottom and download, leave the usb in and highlight auto update
Thank you for your speedy reply at least i now know what i'm doing cheers

Not been on here for some time, so just to let you all know I'm very greatful for all the advice and suggestions, so how did I get on with my problem ?
Well first my dish was out of line and my LMB was screwed , so I got that sorted and had the chap check my sig intensity and quality ,all OK, put my box back on same problems not picking up a lot of channels, the chap checked on his meter and my dish is receiving all channels so as someone pointed out its 99% that the box tuner has gone, so a new box has been ordered and once I get that(today hopefully) I should be OK, once again thank you for all your help
Regards
Steve

Hi, brand new openbox user. Managed to get set up ok, looks sweet but I am having a couple of issues with some of my HD channels being blank. Some of the HD channels are working fine but my BT Sports HD channels are blank.

Is this due to an error in my set up and is there a fix to this or is it a common issue?

Hi, brand new openbox user. Managed to get set up ok, looks sweet but I am having a couple of issues with some of my HD channels being blank. Some of the HD channels are working fine but my BT Sports HD channels are blank.

Is this due to an error in my set up and is there a fix to this or is it a common issue?

Have you updated your channel list? Use the Cwaites list, always seems to work for Openbox users with issues. Just a quickie, what's your snr on bbc 1 HD, snr being signal click ok on the remote bottom right.
that should be up in the high 90's if not I would suggest tweaking your dish, high winds may have knocked it off alignment, just a little can cause viewing issues

Have you updated your channel list? Use the Cwaites list, always seems to work for Openbox users with issues. Just a quickie, what's your snr on bbc 1 HD, snr being signal click ok on the remote bottom right.
that should be up in the high 90's if not I would suggest tweaking your dish, high winds may have knocked it off alignment, just a little can cause viewing issues

Hi I haven't updated my channels list, only entered the details of the gift when setting up. I will give that try. Is it the cwait.dyndns. tv site for the list?

SNR on bbc 1 hd is 85%, it's a pretty wild morning. It's possible that is affecting the alignment as you say.

Thanks for the advice

Hi the reaper, I am new on here and it appears you have glowing reviews and many many followers.

Hope you can assist please?

I bought an openbox and 24 month subscription from Amazon which worked for a few weeks then stopped. See below please

EDIT

Please if you can provide me with CCcam.cfg registration so I can set my channels up again please

Thanks Celicagt1975

Last edited by a moderator:
same Problem!

Changed HDMI, 15 green ticked, got to be the dish but can't get my head round blank screen and such strong signal, fried my brain this one has Benijofar

I too am having this exact same problem with my v8s box! im getting all channels apart from sky channels! my provider is brilliant as I have another open box m3 I use in another room and that is perfect! ive just bought this v8s box done the cwaits channel list update and this is the problem I am having and it can not be the lmb as ive plugged my m3 box into my v8s cables and it works perfect!

---------- Post Merged at 08:11 PM ----------

hi reaper just wondering if I could rack your brains on my v8s box?? any help would be much appreciated!! ive recently installed a v8s box, done the cwaits channel list update, and im receiving most of my channels spot on, except im not receiving any sky channels even though I have great signal! the picture just says no signal on the screen?? it carnt be my dish as ive also got another open box m3 that works perfectly in another room, ive plugged the m3 box into were my v8s box is and its working perfectly! so I know that my cable is good! so why on earth is my v8s box such a pain I the ass to work! hope you can help! many thanks joe

I have a V8 here with the same problem---it hates anything to do with sky/fox---tried everything but still the same---it's not logical for a box to make up its mind to refuse to show sky.Tested tuner, ok----triefd removing all from one box to the other, no-go.
Sorry.
Reaper.

Finally !

My box arrived yesterday and after a month of ripping my hair out I spent the grand total of 10 mins from taking delivery of the box to having everything working 100%, so one very happy bunny here, once again thanks for all the help and advice (y)

Back