Virgin Media

Hi

I have the Kryptivew A780 and have a line that is connected and works. I purchased this line a week ago.

The majority of freeview channels do not work, such as BBC news, ITV etc.

Before purchasing the line, these freeview channels did not work too.

I have factory reset my box a couple of times, taken the cable wire and inserted it back again. I am with virgin media and the internet works fine.

Please help.

You're probably trying the HD versions ... only channels 1-5 (SD versions) clear on cable without a line.

You're probably trying the HD versions ... only channels 1-5 (SD versions) clear on cable without a line.
All freeview channels used to work well. The problem has only begun a few weeks ago. The freeview channels do not work with or without the gift

Then go back into the configuration mode and re-set your area, PURE...NTL...TELEWEST, then try a scan, if you get free view channels, then put your line in...

menu>installation>reset factory settings, ok

when starting a new scan, choose telewest, ntl or whichever supplier you had

wait for list to populate and choose your netid, barnsley, manchester, sheffeild etc

menu>installation>reset factory settings, ok

when starting a new scan, choose telewest, ntl or whichever supplier you had

wait for list to populate and choose your netid, barnsley, manchester, sheffeild etc

I have tried that a couple of times. The main one i use is ex.cw (don't remember the actual name).

I have tried ntl and telewest too but don't get any channels at all.

The only one i get all the channels is the ex.cw (don't remember the actual name. It has been working fine until now.

I have tried that a couple of times. The main one i use is ex.cw (don't remember the actual name).

I have tried ntl and telewest too but don't get any channels at all.

The only one i get all the channels is the ex.cw (don't remember the actual name. It has been working fine until now.

are you choosing a netid close to you?

are you choosing a netid close to you?

Yes Mate. Always been using the Manchester one and has been working fine for years. Even after the update last year, freeview channels still worked. The problem just started a few weeks ago. The box is updated to the latest firmware which i updated using the menu on the box (s/w update)

credit to eileen for below fix

1. factory default MENU-INSTALLATION-0000-FACTORY DEFAULT SETTING-OK
2. delete all channels MENU-USER PREFERENCE-0000-DELETE ALL CHANNELS-OK
3. delete all sat/tps MENU-USER PREFERENCE-0000-SAT./T.P.EDIT-OK-NTL (your provider)- (scroll right, then left to delete)
4. factory default
5, edit sat/tps, go to who your provider is, change qam to 256 MENU-USER PREFERENCE-0000-SAT./T.P.EDIT-OK-NTL (your provider)-scroll right-OK-scroll to Qam and set to 256 on each
6. go to installation, select your provider MENU-INSTALLATION-0000-AUTOMATIC SEARCH-NTL (your provider)-ensure network scan selected)
7 start search, by pressing green button
8. when your area appears, scroll up and select it,press OK
9. after its finished, exit, turn off via remote,
10. hopefully happy days,

credit to eileen for below fix

3. delete all sat/tps MENU-USER PREFERENCE-0000-SAT./T.P.EDIT-OK-NTL (your provider)- (scroll right, then left to delete)
4. factory default
5, edit sat/tps, go to who your provider is, change qam to 256 MENU-USER PREFERENCE-0000-SAT./T.P.EDIT-OK-NTL (your provider)-scroll right-OK-scroll to Qam and set to 256 on each
6. go to installation, select your provider MENU-INSTALLATION-0000-AUTOMATIC SEARCH-NTL (your provider)-ensure network scan selected)
7 start search, by pressing green button
8. when your area appears, scroll up and select it,press OK
9. after its finished, exit, turn off via remote,
10. hopefully happy days,

Mate, are you sure I do 1 before 2 because when you factory reset, channels go anyway??

yeah but I think only the reference to them is deleted, follow the tut posted above because I've done it a few times and it's always worked for me.

you'll be surprised how long it takes to 'delete all channels' even after a factory reset, you'd think it would be instant but it's not

also the tp editing bit - why doesn't a factory reset get rid of all this?

yeah but I think only the reference to them is deleted, follow the tut posted above because I've done it a few times and it's always worked for me.

you'll be surprised how long it takes to 'delete all channels' even after a factory reset, you'd think it would be instant but it's not

also the tp editing bit - why doesn't a factory reset get rid of all this?

when i do the first bit (factory reset) do i choose what i normally choose

nope.

do factory reset
then do 2 on the list above
then 3
then 4

then go through the rest of the list

to get from factory reset, to 2, press menu and then follow 2,3 4 etc

factory reset

then press menu

then go to user preferences

then follow the list, you have to press menu everytime as the kv just wants you to run a scan again but you don't have to

Back