Virgin Media

well if you get no channels at all with ntl or telewest you must be c&w have you got a legit box you can check netid or a neighbours?
then installation > factory default setting > ok > automatic search > make sure it is on 2 c&w and network > then press green on remote for netid > scroll up to netid highlight it and press okay then channels should scan in if your connections are not duff bad splitter or duff cable running from splitter to box perhaps evn take splitter of and try direct connection from street to box.

When I choose ntl or telewest I dont get Net IDs anyway. I only get Net IDs when I do C&W. In the past when I have been doing c&w channels have been coming and freeview channels worked. Even now I do c&w; I do get channels but they don't work.

well that's correct that's all you get now you need to install a working line in the newcamd menu, you will need to break it up and install it manually with remote> make sure active is on > then connection if line is good should say connected then exit out and view other channels.

well that's correct that's all you get now you need to install a working line in the newcamd menu, you will need to break it up and install it manually with remote> make sure active is on > then connection if line is good should say connected then exit out and view other channels.

I have a line mate. BBC News and other channels worked 2 weeks ago without the line.

First I thought that the line was the reason the freeview channels did not work. So I changed active to not active and they still didnt work

as far as I'm aware only 1-5 work without an active line, so what is it you want a box without an active line or what? your confusing me now.

I do have an active line. But all channels don't work apart from 1-5 mate. What I am saying is that freeview channels worked without an active line before. Do you think its the line thats the problem?

Would your line need converted >>>

N: web.address zzzzz xxxxxx yyyyy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You get this from provider

Convert web address provided to ip and enter this on first option
zzzzz is your port
xxxxx is your user id
yyyyyy is your password
0102.... Without spaces
Active = yes
wait for couple of minutes
not connected should change to connected

well that's right then, so put your line on and if its a good line and it is broken up correctly like above post, all channels should work.

well that's right then, so put your line on and if its a good line and it is broken up correctly like above post, all channels should work.

Line is connected but only channels 1-5 work. Do you have a test line that I could use? This will enable to know if its the line is the problem or something else

no I don't have a test line I'm not a server, there is a thread for requesting cable lines, you sure line you have isn't okay and broke up wrong by you?

I am sure. I purchased this line a week ago. It does connect but channels do not work apart from 1-5. Can you give me a link to the thread please?

Back