Virgin Media

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix-ESX-02-2-Way-Modem-Set-Top-Box-Splitter-Virgin-Media-Sky-TV-Aerial-/322693361471?hash=item4b2205ef3f:g:mXYAAOSwrhBZNvxr

inside the box on your wall there will be a splitter, you already said you had VM but sent everything back 9 months ago.
Replace that splitter with a new one and you should be able to view all channels through the kv

it's obvious the vm cable is live as you wouldn't have got even BBC 1 if it was disconnected, ergo it's a bad connection

Code:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix-ESX-02-2-Way-Modem-Set-Top-Box-Splitter-Virgin-Media-Sky-TV-Aerial-/322693361471?hash=item4b2205ef3f:g:mXYAAOSwrhBZNvxr

inside the box on your wall there will be a splitter, you already said you had VM but sent everything back 9 months ago.
Replace that splitter with a new one and you should be able to view all channels through the kv

it's obvious the vm cable is live as you wouldn't have got even BBC 1 if it was disconnected, ergo it's a bad connection

What if I just return to VM

you need vm to get a signal and cable boxes to work
No you don't, you can use cable boxes even if the vm service has been cancelled

What if I just return to VM
I would switch to vm for broadband anyway as it's generally faster than anyone else at the moment, however if your cable feed is live which we assume it is as you got bbc1 although briefly then getting bb would not necessarily solve your current issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would switch to vm for broadband anyway as it's generally faster than anyone else at the moment, however if your cable feed is live which we assume it is as you got bbc1 although briefly then getting bb would not necessarily solve your current issue.

What should I do then?

i will still always state having a service is better than hoping it stays as many have lost it when they hoped for a free service.
better in paying something to get a service.

I have to agree that's it's better to have a genuine service from them to guarantee an always live connection - the lowest speed broadband will suffice.

still got a duff connection somewhere and he's under the misguided notion that having VM broadband will cure all his problems

I'd start with a quality splitter and maybe a decent cable from splitter to box first for a few pounds(dave100 might be able help here), then if it still won't clear, go down the VM broadband route

IME there's defo a splitter somewhere, either inside in the white box or outside in the brown box, cheapest options first...rule this out and then spend a few more quid if needed, chances are you won't need to

There is not a splitter fitted or needed here - there is no splitter in the white box on the wall - it's simply a 1 in 1 out isolator that are fitted by VM... usually QAMTEX / Technetix ones.

My first guess is it's a set up / configuration issue with the Kryptview receiver that's being used. If VM is an option for you and you intend on getting a better receiver anyway like a zgemma, just buy the zgemma first and set it up / connect it up and you'll probably find it works fine without taking out a VM sub - the choice however is yours.

I agree having a bb service will guarantee the live line, I was just saying 90% its not necessary and I don't believe that is the issue here so getting BB won't solve the problem he is having. I'm far from technical and I don't know the Kryptview box but it does sound to me like a bad connection issue ie bad cabling as he wouldn't off even got the 30 seconds of bbc if the feed was dead.

" It has about 32 signal. " far too low as kv needs 72+ maybe vm moved his line to a lower position?

I agree having a bb service will guarantee the live line, I was just saying 90% its not necessary and I don't believe that is the issue here so getting BB won't solve the problem he is having. I'm far from technical and I don't know the Kryptview box but it does sound to me like a bad connection issue ie bad cabling as he wouldn't off even got the 30 seconds of bbc if the feed was dead.

I have ordered VM Broadband 50mbps which will be installed on 30th September.

I have ordered a zgemma H2H and a splitter set (cables, splitter etc.). These will arrive either today or tomorrow.

I will set it up and Imagine I get signal and that ordering vm broadband was a waste.

What do you thinks gonna happen?

I think that the H2.H will work without the internet from VM to be honest but i'd still have VM internet over any other internet any day of the week and at least it guarantees an always live connection. Hopefully you bought the right splitter and cables.

I have ordered VM Broadband 50mbps which will be installed on 30th September.

I have ordered a zgemma H2H and a splitter set (cables, splitter etc.). These will arrive either today or tomorrow.

I will set it up and Imagine I get signal and that ordering vm broadband was a waste.

What do you thinks gonna happen?

you could find out whether there's a signal in the able by plugging in your kryptview box and trying a test line on it

the fact that earlier on in this thread you said you had channels through it proves that it's still live and ordering 50mb BB is a waste of time and money

you could find out whether there's a signal in the able by plugging in your kryptview box and trying a test line on it

the fact that earlier on in this thread you said you had channels through it proves that it's still live and ordering 50mb BB is a waste of time and money

I had channels for about 5 seconds and then it said no signal. I have ordered a new splitter and cables. I have also ordered the zgemma h2h.

I pay £36.50/Month for BT Broadband. So i don't think paying £27/month for VM is a waste of money and time tbh

Reactions: ste
If you're getting the service you're paying for, hardly a waste of time and money I agree.

Hopefully you've ordered a Technetix 5-1000mhz splitter and WEBRO cables with compression fittings - if not then you may have issues.

Back