Virgin Media

what I'm saying is that your VM cable is live now.
Yes £27 a month is better than £36.50, given that it's a smaller amount :(y): but you said:

''I will set it up and Imagine I get signal and that ordering vm broadband was a waste.''

If you were ordering VM BB just to get a live feed it would indeed be a waste of time because it's live now.

You've wasted £4.59p straight away then - worst splitters ever and really poor cables... my cable receiver faq in my sig below actually warns you not to purchase this Electrosmart cheapo type of splitters and those cables :(

Ooops. Can you send me a link for a good one (cables and splitter)

what I'm saying is that your VM cable is live now.
Yes £27 a month is better than £36.50, given that it's a smaller amount :(y): but you said:

''I will set it up and Imagine I get signal and that ordering vm broadband was a waste.''

If you were ordering VM BB just to get a live feed it would indeed be a waste of time because it's live now.

My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing in that kit you can use is the F to RF adapter.

This is the splitter you should buy > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...748071?hash=item4b226762e7:g:2WQAAOSwcgNZFI6m
Or a member is selling them on here > http://www.techkings.org/threads/technetix-tratec-2-way-and-3-way-splitters.130700/

Cables - order as many as you need but order the smallest lenghts needed to do the job as longer unnecessary cable runs can reduce signal...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIRGIN-ME...hash=item35c20766be:m:m7vWKjqxztiMkWgD4KOf-bg

The only good thing in that kit you can use is the F to RF adapter.

This is the splitter you should buy > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...748071?hash=item4b226762e7:g:2WQAAOSwcgNZFI6m
Or a member is selling them on here > http://www.techkings.org/threads/technetix-tratec-2-way-and-3-way-splitters.130700/

Cables - order as many as you need but order the smallest lenghts needed to do the job as longer unnecessary cable runs can reduce signal...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VIRGIN-ME...hash=item35c20766be:m:m7vWKjqxztiMkWgD4KOf-bg

Will 2 meters be enough for the cables.The zgemma box will be right next to the socket.

Also I need a 2 way splitter, not a 3 way.

Will 2 meters be enough for the cables.The zgemma box will be right next to the socker.

Also I need a 2 way splitter, not a 3 way.

Only you know how long the cables need to be as you know how far apart the equipment is from each other.

The eBay link for the splitter is a 2 way (it does actually say 2 way on it also) and simba is selling both 2 and 3 way ones.

Only you know how long the cables need to be as you know how far apart the equipment is from each other.

The eBay link for the splitter is a 2 way (it does actually say 2 way on it also) and simba is selling both 2 and 3 way ones.

When VM come to install my broadband, won't they install a 2 way splitter anyway. Last time I was with them (nearly a year ago), they did.

not if you are only having broadband.
if you were having TV too they would

I understand. Last time i was with them, i had the tv package too so thats probably why there was a 2 way splitter. I still have that splitter by the way. But then again could that splitter be the reason why i had no signal?

If it's a Technetix splitter you have from last time then that'll do the job hopefully or you could order a new one anyway just incase for the sake of a fiver.

what type of splitter is it?
if it's a virgin media installed splitter, the chances are it's still good...and for the 53rd time, you do have a signal!
Kryptviews drop connections every ten seconds, this is just how they are!

Reactions: ste
what type of splitter is it?
if it's a virgin media installed splitter, the chances are it's still good...and for the 53rd time, you do have a signal!
Kryptviews drop connections every ten seconds, this is just how they are!

lol. The signal was below 40 when i tried at my house. No picture aprt from them 5 seconds on bbc 1

When i tried the kryptview and the same cable at a friends house it worked fine

in this case, it's highly likely there's either a break in the cable, either inside or outside the house, or there's a connection in brown or white box (brown outside, white inside) which is loose or degraded somehow.

this will need rectifying before you get a decent signal to your new box. VM will just send you a superhub through the post for your new BB, as they'll have it on record that you are already cabled up.
if the connection is still bad, you may need to book an engineer visit but you can't do this until you get your superhub delivered

in this case, it's highly likely there's either a break in the cable, either inside or outside the house, or there's a connection in brown or white box (brown outside, white inside) which is loose or degraded somehow.

this will need rectifying before you get a decent signal to your new box. VM will just send you a superhub through the post for your new BB, as they'll have it on record that you are already cabled up.
if the connection is still bad, you may need to book an engineer visit but you can't do this until you get your superhub delivered

An engineer is going to come to install the broadband anyway as i have requested one. What shall i say to him?

they didn't install mine, it arrived by courier.

you don't need to say anything to him, if he installs the superhub etc he'll ensure all the signals/cables etc are correct and everything will be up and running!

they didn't install mine, it arrived by courier.

you don't need to say anything to him, if he installs the superhub etc he'll ensure all the signals/cables etc are correct and everything will be up and running!

I requested one.

What if he just installs the hub and presumes everything is fine.

Will he do any tests?

yes, he'll test everything :(y):

when he leaves, the signal will be as near to perfect as it's ever likely to be

Do you reckon I should wait until the broadband is installed until I try out the zgemma h2h and the splitter set I purchased? They have both arrived but the the broadband won't be installed till the 30th

it could work o_O

you can flash the zgemma, see the link in @ste signature above
you need a formatted usb stick and you should have a f'connector and the zgemma needs connecting to internet with lan cable

follow the guide carefully!!!!!!!!!

"Ok, now you need to get your USB drive to flash the box - this should have the firmware on it ready then plug it into the front port of your zgemma then turn it on with the button at the back - It should come on the display at the front BOOT then change to FL5H within a couple of seconds.

Firmware can be obtained by following the link to the Wooshbuild site in the top right of this page > http://www.techkings.org/resources/wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-s-2s-h2s-h52s-h2h-h5-h52tc-h1-h2-i55.10/

zKCaym2.jpg

Once it's flashed, the front display will change to BOOT and the progress indicating will start counting up on the box - your TV screen will now display a Wooshbuild screen followed by a little video animation clip - as soon as this video starts, hit one of the coloured buttons on the screen and now you should have Easy Setup displayed on your screen.

ubJimV5.jpg

Now, insert your USB drive that you will be using permanently into the USB REAR port then hit the GREEN button on the remote to continue."

I don't understand this. do i need 2 different usbs

Back