Virgin Media

factory reset

then press menu

then go to user preferences

then follow the list, you have to press menu everytime as the kv just wants you to run a scan again but you don't have to

I followed ur instructions but when I get to the installation stage and choose my provider and press the green button, there is no option to select netid and I don't get any channels. TP is just 1/1. I chose Ex-C&W which I normally choose.

when you choose NTL, as that was orignaly the company covering manchester and click green
another list comes up after a short scan saying :
barnsley 1
barnsley 2
knowsley 1
knowsley 2
rotherham
manchester
peterborough

etc
etc
etc

then you pick whichever is closest and it scans that netid and that's when you get all the channels

when you choose NTL, as that was orignaly the company covering manchester and click green
another list comes up after a short scan saying :
barnsley 1
barnsley 2
knowsley 1
knowsley 2
rotherham
manchester
peterborough

etc
etc
etc

then you pick whichever is closest and it scans that netid and that's when you get all the channels

I have never done ntl before.

I have made a video. Link below. I followed it instructions

before we go any further, is the lan cable connected securely into the KV?
likewise the white virgin cable into the KV?

at 1.36 in that video where you pick C&W

under NTL, C&W etc, there's another menu, click 'ALL'
in this before clicking green

you need to factory reset again and forget about deleting channels and tp`s.

he's factory reset a dozen times, updated firmware and everything else.

he factory resets twice in the video but needs to choose 'all' from the drop down menu so that it can search for networks, tp and everything else afresh

he's factory reset a dozen times, updated firmware and everything else.

he factory resets twice in the video but needs to choose 'all' from the drop down menu so that it can search for networks, tp and everything else afresh

It says on your instructions that I should choose network

All cables and wires are connected securely

Last edited by a moderator:
if you choose all, it will scan networks and everything else

if you've done everything according to the instructions, something is not connected somewhere

you haven't been cut off, no freeview even 1-5 would suggest that?

dodgy splitter? or tuner dead?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you choose all, it will scan networks and everything else

if you've done everything according to the instructions, something is not connected somewhere

Everything is connected. Triple checked it.

When I scan for channels without changing the 256 bit I do get channels but they still don't work. When I change it 256 I don't get any channels.

Shall I do your instructions but this time choose excw and choose all instead of network

ex-c&w should be 1 TP .... 666.75 and from looking at that video it is showing you have no signal at all?

Hi Mate

The box has been working fine for years. When the channels went last year, i did the update and got a line.

I have always used C&W and has been working fine.

Now majority of channels including freeview do not work. I have factory reset a couple of times. Internet is fine. All wires and cables are connect securely.

I purchased a new line as the other one had expired and that also did not sort out the issue.

Please help. I have never used ntl or telewest before as when I scan using them I don't get any channels back at all.

well if you get no channels at all with ntl or telewest you must be c&w have you got a legit box you can check netid or a neighbours?
then installation > factory default setting > ok > automatic search > make sure it is on 2 c&w and network > then press green on remote for netid > scroll up to netid highlight it and press okay then channels should scan in if your connections are not duff bad splitter or duff cable running from splitter to box perhaps evn take splitter of and try direct connection from street to box.

Back