Vixe2 project

I Skyped him and there is an exclusive deal with a new vender, so no more updates for now for the older boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not have any luck with Egami images as I always get tuner fatal fail on cable tuner c. Vixe2 project image is always perfect with a working crossepg.

Geoff, if you use epg refresh as I stated in post 57, you will get 5 days of epg guide for cable. the pictures help to guide you on how to set it up.

I Skyped him and there is an exclusive deal with a new vender, so no more updates for now for the older boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does this a lot, which is why it's probably better to stick to the clean images from the official teams that support that particular vendor OpenATV, OpenPLi, OpenVix, etc etc.. Vix4E2 started off supporting the older Zgemmas H1 etc..then suddenly pulled all the plugin feeds and stopped updating the image because he was no longer selling Zgemma boxes (some sort of dispute with Airdigital on reselling)..... A few months later he said he is now making a new image for the newer Zgemmas because he is selling them again... same thing happened after a while no more support for the newer Zgemmas either because he now sells and supports EVO boxes instead.
So in other words Vix4E2 is highly unreliable for long term support, it's a 1 man band and support depends on which particular boxes/vendors he is reselling at the time. Support is stopped and update feeds shutdown with no notice ... It's better not to use these images.

Dont think he is a one man band anymore and he had put on his site that there was no longer support for older boxes like the venton as it had archived on it so he must have changed his mind

Yea,i got notification today about the Venton update, was a little surprised, so. gift horse and all that ..lol

Just reflashed and all it gives me on the epg is German and Austrian channels and hotbird with everything set to virgin uk thats enough for me

Anybody running the Venton HD eco cable box, I've installed the latest ATV 6.1 image, got softcams installed, got the autobouquetsmaker ( 3.0 ) plugin down, put 2 vermin cable on the back tuners, set up this box as exactly as my own zgemma box for network ID and my telewest area [ the boxes are in the same NETWORK ID area... 1 street apart ]Set up both tuners again with my known set up from my zgemma settings...And it will not run the autobouquetsmaker whatsoever, It is telling me to check tuners configuration, Which i have over and over again,so i decided to do a Manual cable scan, and it brought in all the services for my area [ and a lot more ] ... so again i tried the autobouquetsmaker, thinking that my network id must be good this time, but yet again, the autobouquetsmaker failed, so it there anybody out there running this box, with an up to date working image, and what image are you running, as i'm thinking that the cable autobouquetsmaker is not compatible with this SATELLITE BASE image....????

I tried a few different ones and it seems the box only likes the e2vix image so I bought a different box which works much better

Back