1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VM ROI

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by xyxy, May 16, 2015.

1. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

remember software update can have issues in doing so and one might have to reflash box and start again so remember to have line and cfg saved to folder on pc first.

eamondo likes this.
  2. gaelic-red

gaelic-red Member

Didn't realise it can cause issues , I have a dm800hd a zgemma star 2s and a zgemma h5.2 tc and I've never had an issue where I had to reflash a box from a software update , but if course its always a safe move to back up your settings

If a software update is something your not sure of here's another way of updating / installing plugins , picons ,skins, cams and more , go to menu / set up / software management / advanced options / packet management . Here you'll find a lot of files and it shows what's installed and what needs updating
    IMAG0217.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
  3. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

zgemma running vic clone firmware is one that is not one to online update,and yes even original vu and other boxes had issues when newer build was totally different than older images and no option but to flash and start from scratch.
    even old timers caught out:D

4. Chiminee

Chiminee Member

I had the same on both a VU+ Duo and a Gigablue Quad using many different versions of VIX and even tried OpenTV as well. Never got ABM working on Virgin. I never had a problem previously on satellite. The exact same as you. Single tuner in Giga, Dual tuner in VU+. No difference. Using 43217. Tried them all I think with the same results. In the end, i gave up and used the auto scan to bring in all the channels and then created bouquets via the E2 Web interface. Working fine but not ideal. Had to rescan when SyFy HD came along and when they updated the Sky Sports channels.
    Theres definitely some issues that may be to do with the splitter/ABM as I don't know why I would be so unlucky with two boxes otherwise. I got the splitter in Maplins and it works fine on the gigablue (SNR 87%, AGC 74% solid) but it fluctuates wildly on the dual tuner VU+ to the point that picture breakup makes it unwatchable. Haven't bothered doing anything else regarding splitter changes but might look at swapping it pout and trying again at some point.

5. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

splitters to use tratec 5-100mhz,are you in an odd part of dublin?

6. Charlestown1

Charlestown1 Member

Was wondrring what box to use for vm ireland. Have an amiko mini combo but find it hard to get all station as only picking up 30. Living in the dublin area.

Any help

7. eamondo

eamondo Member Forum Supporter

Its your tuner config dublin is 43217

8. Charlestown1

Charlestown1 Member

Yes have cable directly in no splitter.

9. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i wonder why your readings differ?

Attached Files:

10. chris445

chris445 Member

Anyone have any epg sources for epg importer. Was using upc.ie 7 days xmltv but not getting anything from that now.

11. chrisc1982

chrisc1982 Member

Here you go, should get all vermin sources back

Attached Files:

chris445 likes this.
  12. wheelo

wheelo Super Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

I am led to believe you have been given tests by all the providers on here, there are only two or three, there is not much choice, they are €120 - €150 per year. You are well aware where to post for tests, this is not it, any further messing about will lead to a ban for a week, then a permanent ban.
    If you just cannot get it to work, that is a different matter, start a thread with what you are doing (in the right section), and we will point you in the right direction. No-one minds helping out, but they don't like the p1$$ being taken.

chrisc1982, grog68, bangord30 and 2 others like this.
  13. chrisc1982

chrisc1982 Member

SkySp ArenaHD
    Frequency 546.0MHz
    Symbol Rate 6875-Auto

samsid likes this.
  14. Derek C

Derek C Member

Thanks. But the scan is not finding anything there.

15. alan36

alan36 Member

Try 364 symbol 6900

16. Derek C

Derek C Member

that worked. thanks for that.
    Have the Darts now.

17. alan36

alan36 Member

Happy days how many channels you get

18. xyxy

xyxy Member

Have they changed frequencies in Dublin? My mate from Dublin told me that all channels get bad or no signal errors.

Stupid spell check :) edited

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  19. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

20. samsid

samsid Member

depends abm versions cactikid,the old versions I could get 253 video, including dead/old named channels, ie old sly sports ones, Tom Cruise etc, the newer omits these ,gives me 196 video

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017