Weak Signal on some HD Channels

I've got the box off and there is another tris-102A in there. Plug my box direct into this then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3160d1c4fa0b7d74150c2854fa3799c8.jpg

6869066d71204b04af521bac0302fd40.jpg

Unfortunately not, don't know anyone else I trust with virgin. Should I definitely be removing one of the tris units? One is big than the other. Would replacing it with a new one make any difference?

Yes - you only need one of these on the line and having more than one can lower your signal. These are genuine VM equipment and rarely fail - could try swapping them around to see what the difference is, if any.

Is there any difference between the two, ones a tris 102A and the other is a tris 1002AEN?

Swapped them over and still the same. What would you try next? Hd sports 1 has snr 90 agc 91 ss2 snr 86 agc 53 ss3 snr 75 agc 17 ss4 79 agc 25 ss5 snr 64 agc 5 ssn 68 agc 7 ssf1 snr 75 agc 17 ssmix snr 70 agc 7

What do these results point too?

Swapped them over and still the same. What would you try next? Hd sports 1 has snr 90 agc 91 ss2 snr 86 agc 53 ss3 snr 75 agc 17 ss4 79 agc 25 ss5 snr 64 agc 5 ssn 68 agc 7 ssf1 snr 75 agc 17 ssmix snr 70 agc 7

It could be a number of things ... trouble is, as you don't have another house you could try the box in and you're not a VM customer, your options are limited.

Are you thinking it could be the tuner/vu+ then? If I wanted to try replacing the isolator which should I buy?

It's prob not the isolator but that one on flee bay is the same one as I have the tris-1002L

Also as a test completely power off the box. Give it say a minute, power up and do a new service scan, run the ABM and epg refresh. If the box is the only thing connected your signal should be strong enough.

Reactions: ste
I've been having the same issue. I changed the cable wire from a maplin one to a proper cable wire and everything working fine.
The set up I have is isolator...cable wire to splitter and then 1 cable wire to BB and other to tuner.
Try using a proper cable wire. Solved my issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've bought the new isolator, gotta be worth a try for 8 quid. Will try the power off and Abm scan in the morning. Thanks guys for all the help

I've been having the same issue. I changed the cable wire from a maplin one to a proper cable wire and everything working fine.
The set up I have is isolator...cable wire to splitter and then 1 cable wire to BB and other to tuner.
Try using a proper cable wire. Solved my issue.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Which wire do you mean, from the isolator to my box or from the brown box outside? From the isolator to the box I have already replaced with wf100 as recommended by ste on another thread.

Back