what is best budget Kodi box?

klomax01

Hi all i understand Kodi ok i use it on my laptop and desktops at home but id like to get a Kodi box for living room tv ive looked on Amazon and Ebay and the choice seems vast are there any i should avoid and any that are particularly good im lookin at budget ones ubder £30 thanks.

big thanks to all you techies sharing the knowledge :grin:

I prefer an Android box you can do a lot more with them & you can get a decent one for £35 this is the one I'm using at the moment.

a2d899bb000a47f943a1ea3d9eae9958.jpg

HI Alien yes this is the sort of thing im looking at id like a box not a stick but there are a good few on amazon i was hoping for peoples reccomendations on which ones are crap and which are good :)

That's a decent box, I've tried many Android boxes over the years and this is one of the better ones, there are loads of sites selling it for around £30-£35

If there's a negative it's that the wifi is crap, but I have found this to be the case with most budget Android boxes. I would advise using an Ethernet connection or if you have to use wifi try & make sure the box is as close to your router as possible.

I've bought many boxes from both these sellers and have never had any problems

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_349813.html

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_332086.html

yeah those mx ones are the ones im seeing on amazon i thik ill go for it thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:11 PM ----------

yeah Im not a WIFI fan i always hard wire via ethernet

There are loads of boxes with mx branding on them & some are useless, make sure you buy one with a s905 processor (or better) 2gb ram (minimum) & 16gb ROM (minimum)

I use an mxq s805 4core 4 gpu, 1gb ram 8gb flash. Kodi with light skins runs just fine. So does airmouse. it will cost around £30 with airmouse. Keep your skin light, only install plugins you actually use and want and it'll be fine. Works perfect on my 1080i.

I'm not saying a lesser box won't work OK with kodi, but if you're paying £30-£35 you can get a better box for the price, why bother buying old technology.

i think the m8s is ok for the price, just make sure you have the latest android firmware as that is what kodi add-on builders will be using soon.

Last edited:
Mini m8s is a decent budget device aswell its about 30 quid and is Android 5.1 only issue with it is plastic casing which does get quite hot

MXQ Pro for around £35 with the S905 processor. I've been using it for a while now and, apart from the occasional lock-up, it has performed very well. Remote control is a bit basic but there are alternatives available for a few pounds extra.

Back