what is best budget Kodi box?

Ya sutty makes it a lot easier for the first time users of andriod boxes, just pick your addons from the list in ares and install ,

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

Ya sutty makes it easier for guys who are first time users of the andriod boxes, been messing around with boxes for a couple of years now and tried a bucket load of builds kodi come a long way from the helix days and very user friendly .........

Ya sutty makes it a lot easier for the first time users of andriod boxes, just pick your addons from the list in ares and install ,

Lol @ you guys buying cheap and nasty android boxes.
The ONLY device you should be looking for that price range is RASPBERRY PI 3.!! Simple.
You are getting carried away with (fake) specs. Specs are nothing without good firmware and support.

Paulie57. I do same as you, never use a build, keep a few 'go to' reliable add-ons 2 or 3 movie only & the same for tv shows so you don't need a build to look after that number.
That leaves the sport and live tv add-ons, chop and change these as they come & go keep your cache clean using the Ares wizard and a cheap box does the job if you aren't a gamer.
I said elsewhere my Qbox (£40) has been flawless for 14 months if you want to upgrade get a Minix or chance a Mecool, H96+ or Yoka. I say chance cos if you get a good one you're laughing (half price better specs than a minix) but you can get a dud. As for Beelink, they get good reviews on youtube but one look on their forum puts me off.
Treat it as a hobby, I do, as most on here were scrambling for S*y BO last night I watched the boxing perfect on Showtime :)

Yep meliam112 have both mx and minix boxes and both work great , the minix is a little pricey but we'll worth the extra few quid , I found that the key to these boxes , obviously quick Internet, 2gb ram in the box and a slimmed down kodi and it will perform great . Ya I watched it through ukturks no freezing no bother lol ..........

Hi guys. Looking into this now and what would be the best box to get to use over wifi? I'll eventually homeplug it so pipe down with Ethernet only posts but for now it needs to work over wifi. Liking the sound of rpi 3 but not looked into capabilities wifi wise or anything.

Need some techie to give me the low down and what and what not to look for to search myself

Hi guys. Looking into this now and what would be the best box to get to use over wifi? I'll eventually homeplug it so pipe down with Ethernet only posts but for now it needs to work over wifi. Liking the sound of rpi 3 but not looked into capabilities wifi wise or anything.

Need some techie to give me the low down and what and what not to look for to search myself

After a quick look the raspberry pi 3 model b looks like what I could do with. So does anyone have any info on these? Or experience running them on wifi? It'll pretty much solely be used for IPTV or would this not be ideal?

Most boxes work via wifi as well as hardwire , not sure about rpi 3 , I have miniX hardwired and mx box upstairs working with wifi no problem , as post above the key is get a box with 2gb ram and decent internet and you can't go wrong .......

My fibre is sound and know roughly what to look at with android boxes. It's when it comes down the which processors to avoid and which are buggy etc. The pi 3 b model looks ok and I love the size of it just not sure how it will perform against an droid box. Smart TV upstairs shows 2/3 bars of signal and has roughly 20-25mbit speeds from a test on it. But unsure on if the wifi on droid boxes against the pi differ at all? And if it would be an improvement on the wifi on TV

As I say buckram never had a rsi 3 , started off with andriod boxes a few years back and stuck with them , my mate has a iptv sports sub running in his box and very happy with it also has kodi for films etc so has the best of both worlds , someone here must have rsi3 working and can shed a bit more light on them .........

Got a mate with firestick running IPTV too and seems good but I'd prefer something externally powered. Also if I just wanted IPTV could I get the android store on the box to download the app I need and not have to install kodi at all? Just thinking of keeping the box as empty as poss for performance...

Have a look at a xiaomi mi box, you can always add ethernet later via a usb adapter should you want to. Never tried one myself because of that but I know a few happy folk who have.
Other than that, what Paulie says, loads of help and reviews on youtube, just avoid the muppets.

That's why I'm asking here. Would rather hear it from someone reputable than someone just looking for views on a YouTube channel

Yep speed is good no problem their , most boxes come now with quad core processor even newer models have octa core , octa core really only comes in to play if your doing a lot of multi tasking so really a quad core is sufficient for your needs , yep you can access the andriod store without kodi , but the quad core boxes with 2gb ram are very capable f running both ......

That's why I'm asking here. Would rather hear it from someone reputable than someone just looking for views on a YouTube channel
Oh excuse me, thought I was trying to help?
You can see the boxes in action on youtube, been put through their paces benchmark tests etc, go on there armed with the pointers you've picked up here & you've a head start, there's some great people on there don't let the idiot few put you off.
Also handy, you'll need and appreciate them when it comes to helping out find new add-ons, tips in general. There's a great community on there don't dismiss it.

Back