what is best budget Kodi box?

Decided to order the beelink from gearbest s912 octa core 2gb 16gb $57 :)

It charged me in dollars but now I've gone back on the site it's in GPB lol

Last edited:
Decided to order the beelink from gearbest s912 octa core 2gb 16gb $57 :)

It charged me in dollars but now I've gone back on the site it's in GPB lol

that's prob because of the trump effect ! American money is only for the americans ~

H96 Pro - 3gb/32gb on ebay for less than £70 - 912 octo core processor - might be worth a look? ive got a 3gb 16gb version that I'm really pleased with - just 'downspecced' it to kodi 16.1 and its running great !
My first christmas present off my mrs:christmas tree:
vjerucX.jpg

Well andy86 and Alien Heads, all this talk of new boxes has cracked me...

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the Alfawise s92 from gearbest for the princely flash price sale sum of £42.16.:woohoo:

The only problem is i can't have it until Xmas :cry:

Last edited:
The only problem is i can't have it until Xmas
Same here mateLOL

This guy rates the box you have just bought as one of the top 5 he has reviewed & he's reviewed hundreds of them
[video=youtube;_gsFnEA3XYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsFnEA3XYE[/video]

H96 Pro - 3gb/32gb on ebay for less than £70 - 912 octo core processor - might be worth a look? ive got a 3gb 16gb version that I'm really pleased with - just 'downspecced' it to kodi 16.1 and its running great !
My first christmas present off my mrs:christmas tree:
vjerucX.jpg

thats the same as I have bought for each of the kids. difficult to know what to buy them at their age, but they do like to watch their movies and American (zombie) tv programmes - the only issue is that their boxes have 32gb memory and mine only has 16gb !!! ive set theirs up already with 16.1 and pulse.

I will look forward to hearing what you've put on yours so I can copy someone who knows more about android devices than I do _ although that isn't difficult !!

I'm sure the kids will be well happy with the boxes you've got for them :)

Here are some of the best movie/tv show apps Файлы — RGhost — файлообменник stick these on their boxes for them.

I'll put the same stuff as what's on my current box on the new box, the apps in the link above, kodi & a few of the kodi addons i use, not keen on pre-done builds as they tend to have too much on them that i never use, so i install kodi from scratch with nothing on it & install the addons that i actually use :)

that's what I want to d eventually, for now I'm enjoying watching stuff I didn't get access to before - mainly tv programmes/series from usa/Australia etc

has anyone experienced with the new box on ebay CSA93 S912 Octacore. 3gb +32gb. £69.0 on ebay.

---------- Post Merged at 12:42 PM ----------

i would know if its good for money.

To be brutally honest I'm quite disappointed with the s912 beelink it's no faster than my older m8 box and it seems quite buggy lots of crashing scrolling between menus in kodi I've maybe got my hands on a bit of a dodgy one but if this is the standard on offer right now then there's some serious work to be done to improve things

Last edited:
If it's constantly crashing there's something wrong with either the kodi installation or the box because the one i have the model before with the s905 chip runs perfectly & always has done, never once has it crashed or frozen. I stream from 2 laptops & 1 pc to it via kodi without issue & all movies stream with zero buffering.

I would open a ticket within your gearbest account & tell them the box is constantly crashing & you want a replacement or refund. They will initially probably try offering you something like a £5 refund, refuse it & insist on a full refund or replacement. They may also try asking you to update the firmware.

Only thing I've done with it is install Wookiee as it was reccomended on here it's not constantly crashing however it is intermintantly what I'm finding is in kodi if I exit out of a show/movie and play something else it will continue to play even if I exit kodi all together and go back to the home screen then if I try and go back into kodi from the home screen it will say it's crashed

Only thing I've done with it is install Wookiee as it was reccomended on here it's not constantly crashing however it is intermintantly what I'm finding is in kodi if I exit out of a show/movie and play something else it will continue to play even if I exit kodi all together and go back to the home screen then if I try and go back into kodi from the home screen it will say it's crashed

hi Andy In Kodi you don't just exit a movie / series episode or channel, instead press ok and a menu similar to a VCR display will appear (forward rewind pause stop etc.) choose stop then back out of where you are in the menu

Sounds more like a kodi issue than an actual issue with the box, i'd uninstall kodi & install it from the play store then add the add-ons you want.

Anyone having issues with kodi closing either use SPMC instead (works just like kodi but is updated on a regular basis) or in Kodi go to System > Video > Acceleration > turn off Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec. Exit out of Kodi & start it again, play a few movies/video files stop the video then try navigating around kodi see if it crashes. If it does, do the same again & also disable "turn off Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec".

Back