what is best budget Kodi box?

Looks ok, just the overall build quality that would suffer i assume. Would like to look into these a lot though. Ideal for the kids using homeplugs. Aren't firesticks WiFi only?

ive been looking at similar ones BUT with 3gb/32gb - I don't know a lot about them to be honest but if I'm going to get a 'budget' box then I want to try to 'help' it meet any demands I put on it - I don't know if any of them are original manufacture or badged up and I'm not sure how I would find out - the documentation they supply suggest they are the manufacturers !

Your best budget box would be a cheap 2gb ram android box such as an m8 or m8s or similar in spec, you can purchase on ebay or amazon for around £35-£40 , you can then load all your favorite applications including kodi and any iptv applications from a memory stick , you could also purchase an amazon fire stick or fire tv and load all your content to them , please be aware that if you are wanting the box for mainly kodi then you would need a box with android 5.1 or above to be able to support kodi's new releases

Looks ok, just the overall build quality that would suffer i assume. Would like to look into these a lot though. Ideal for the kids using homeplugs. Aren't firesticks WiFi only?
Firesticks are wifi only, I much prefer an android box to the firestick.

ive been looking at similar ones BUT with 3gb/32gb - I don't know a lot about them to be honest but if I'm going to get a 'budget' box then I want to try to 'help' it meet any demands I put on it - I don't know if any of them are original manufacture or badged up and I'm not sure how I would find out - the documentation they supply suggest they are the manufacturers !
Is it this one?
Just noticed this one is 3gb/16gb not 3gb/32gb
7224c1a893c96a9d93766ae526157922.jpg

Last edited:
Firetv stick is the best cheap and easy to use and you can use a tablet or phone to control it so makes everything easy

Firesticks are wifi only, I much prefer an android box to the firestick.

Is it this one?
Just noticed this one is 3gb/16gb not 3gb/32gb
7224c1a893c96a9d93766ae526157922.jpg

that's similar to what ive been looking at - as i said they all appear to be pretty much the same spec and about the same price. so which are oem and which are badged up? although that prob doesnt actually matter because they all offer the same support/returns (though at the prices of postage etc would it be worth it?)

I'm expecting a few emails overnight as theyre now back off their holidays in china and I have asked for quotes from 2 or 3 suppliers for a 'sample'

The A95X box is pretty decent, quad core cpu, hexa core gpu, 1gig ram, 8 gig rom, wireless & ethernet, usb ports, android 5.1 so Kodi 17 compatible

only £22.99 delivered from ebay.

there is a new box out from the M series -its the MXQ PRO - 3gb/16/32gb (even though it says its2gb I have been assured its 3gbDDR ) Android 6 912 processor - BUT its more than twice the price of the A95X

I've tried the mx3 mxq and a sum vision box. I agree with the earlier guys, get 2gb memory. Make sure you get a box with bluetooth capability, this increases your options for accessories. My Q box was £23 and a waste of money in my opinion. Fine for my kids room. My mx3 has a custom Rom and a custom build KODI and cost about 35 from Amazon

Aazon fire tv 4k may be a bit higher than you wanted but it is well worth it.
Please dont get a firestick they suffer with live streams even on good broadband.
Movies and tvshows are fine

if you want to go cheap cheap. Get an MXQ PRO as mentioned above. No good for plex but handles everything else ok

Aazon fire tv 4k may be a bit higher than you wanted but it is well worth it.

if you want to go cheap cheap. Get an MXQ PRO as mentioned above. No good for plex but handles everything else ok

wouldn't the latest MXQ PRO with 3gb of memory handle most things?

Back