what is best budget Kodi box?

It does but ive found plex isnt great on it and some (not all) streams in kodi dont play correctly even with hardware acceleration turned off.
Its still a good box and most live streams do definatley work never had a problem movie and tvshows wize with MXQ PRO.

but for the extra money if you can or willing to spend it i would say the Amazon tv 4k is the go to android box for everything from kodi to seperate movie apps its been brilliant for me and stands along side the T8 AML V4 even with benchmarks if your a benchmark fan haha.

I take nothing away from MXQ PRO ive got one and the normal MXQ box. Both have served me well.

Quite like the new T95X 2gb ram 16gb rom with kodi 16.1 and running android 6 tiny box capable of 4k output and will run kodi 17.

H96 Pro - 3gb/32gb on ebay for less than £70 - 912 octo core processor - might be worth a look? ive got a 3gb 16gb version that I'm really pleased with - just 'downspecced' it to kodi 16.1 and its running great !

I think that might be my next android box, managed to find it for £61 with "alfawise" branding on it & one unbranded for £63 it's actually called the H96 Pro Plus :)

Mxq pro, or the one above thing with that chipset 2gb will be abit faster but in the end all depends on your isp speed and what build your using on kodi. Any of these I have found them both to be faster than the amazon stick

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi guys what's the best box right now for up to around £60 I've had a m8 box for about 18 months or so but it died on me tonight

For around £60 id always say an amazon 4k tv box spec wise theyre excellent and on benchmarks if you like them...
easy to use and reliable, put all the apps you want ie kodi amd movie apps etc in your cliud account (dripbox google amazon) and use esfile explorer to install them.

The likes of plex and catchup tv apps are in amazon appstore.

Never had a single problem with mine.

Hi

I'm considering getting a decent box for kodi as well, just wondered if anyone can tell me if there are any good apps/add ons/sources in kodi for latest Bollywood movies ?

Thanks

Hi

I'm considering getting a decent box for kodi as well, just wondered if anyone can tell me if there are any good apps/add ons/sources in kodi for latest Bollywood movies ?

Thanks

if you check youtube for kodi add ons, you will find reviews of add ons and what they offer, I'm pretty certain I stumbled across some the other day, something like shani's I think it was.

Hi guys which of these two would be the better more stable box it will be mainly for exodus and then watching the football with sportsmania

M8S+ PLUS TV Box Android 5.1 KODI 1000M Ethernet 2GB RAM 8GB S812 Quad Core 5G | eBay

New M8S II 2GB/16GB KODI XBMC Quad Core Android 5.1 TV Box Fully Loaded+Keyboard | eBay

If there's better ones feel free to point me in that direction I've had a m8 for the last 18 months or so which has packed in so in reality I don't need one "fully loaded" as I'd probably wipe it and start again anyway with the add ons I want

What I do want is the is the most powerful/stable/future proof box I can get :)

Last edited:
not knowing much abot them, I went for a 3g/16gb box on the assumption that they are all pretty much the same when youre spending around the £60 mark, and then a week later I was offered a 3gb/32gb model. so as for future proofing, whats a week ???

latest processor, largest ram if youre not too bothered about a 'named' box. mine came with kodi 17 and preloaded (not with any gifts or anything) but ive used the ares wizard and started from scratch LOTS of times, I am still searching for the best set up to suit my actual viewing needs but if you've had your 'old' one for a while then you will probably me pretty much sorted

if youre feeling brave, take a look on Alibaba.com and get it direct from the manufacturer in china - most of them are willing to sell you just one for 'testing/personal' use and then check on amazon/ebay to see if its available cheaper.

PS on Alibaba, you can chat direct to the sellers agents in real time between about 5am and 11am, most of them speak pretty good English, so are very helpful.

Amazon 4k fire tv with a decent size SD card in the side fir storing all your apps (yes it has a migrating feature)
Great controler and a mobile app for conrol too so if you lose the remote your fine.
Runs heavy kodi builds effortlessly (i use to run pulse build).
If the box breaks within a year (which i doubt it will) just tell amazon & they send you a new one.
Very fast at opening apps and downloading.
Very easy to sideload apps using es file explorer.

No its not £60 its £79 but itl last longer and wont frustrate you as much
i use it daily mailny for movie/tvshow apps and to watch my satellite receiver upstairs.
Also excellent for plex too.

Amazon 4k fire tv with a decent size SD card in the side fir storing all your apps (yes it has a migrating feature)
Great controler and a mobile app for conrol too so if you lose the remote your fine.
Runs heavy kodi builds effortlessly (i use to run pulse build).
If the box breaks within a year (which i doubt it will) just tell amazon & they send you a new one.
Very fast at opening apps and downloading.
Very easy to sideload apps using es file explorer.

No its not £60 its £79 but itl last longer and wont frustrate you as much
i use it daily mailny for movie/tvshow apps and to watch my satellite receiver upstairs.
Also excellent for plex too.

What's the processor power/ram on the amazon 4K box?

What's the processor power/ram on the amazon 4K box?
For £75 i wouldn't class this as a "budget" box & the specs are no better than most budget boxes
6kz9go2f.png

So most of the newer boxes out are better/more powerful than the amazon one il go for a 2gb/16gb one can anyone reccomend the best one out there

Never used one myself I'm just going off the specs & price. I use the beelink mini mxiii & at half the price of the amazon box I personally think it's a bargain.
bfabe35b58523f0e7a22986959d36b19.jpg

Hi guys which of these two would be the better more stable box it will be mainly for exodus and then watching the football with sportsmania

M8S+ PLUS TV Box Android 5.1 KODI 1000M Ethernet 2GB RAM 8GB S812 Quad Core 5G | eBay

New M8S II 2GB/16GB KODI XBMC Quad Core Android 5.1 TV Box Fully Loaded+Keyboard | eBay

If there's better ones feel free to point me in that direction I've had a m8 for the last 18 months or so which has packed in so in reality I don't need one "fully loaded" as I'd probably wipe it and start again anyway with the add ons I want

What I do want is the is the most powerful/stable/future proof box I can get :)

The 2nd link you posted is the better of the two, newer processor, more rom.
Have a look on gearbest, anything with a s912 octacore processor with 2gb or more of ram & 16gb or more rom will be a decent box. Price wise you'll pay between £40-£60 if you want one a bit cheaper look at ones with the s905 processor.

Last edited:
Back