which box ?

Start with a rough idea of what you want to spend, give us something to go on, they can range from about £40 - £400 so
it's really not about whats best it's more about what you can afford.

You basically get what you pay for so obviously the best boxes are the most expensive.

But if they are out of your price range it's not even worth going in to any detail

as Bees says go for a cheap box it will work but no bells and whistles go for what you can afford.

I have a xpeed lx2 it is a very good box for the money buy from world of sat comes with 2 year guarantee. I would stay away from the boxes that use patched images as you don't get the full functionality of the box.

If money is no object get a vu+ duo 2 around £350
mid range blade media dm8000 around £150
low range Zgemma star s1 around £60

Sorry too jump on your thread but seemed daft starting another for same question I'm looking to replace my zgemma H1 as it's been quoted there association with vix could be limited ...so I'm looking to spend around £100-£150 on a unit ...I only have sly no vermin not to bothered about recording so some advice would be gratefully received regards j

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Sorry too jump on your thread but seemed daft starting another for same question I'm looking to replace my zgemma H1 as it's been quoted there association with vix could be limited ...so I'm looking to spend around £100-£150 on a unit ...I only have sly no vermin not to bothered about recording so some advice would be gratefully received regards j

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I really do not see what the point of you changing box would be Vix works on these boxes yes they are not supported by the group but what does that matter that is Vix team issue.

I really do not see what the point of you changing box would be Vix works on these boxes yes they are not supported by the group but what does that matter that is Vix team issue.

Surely this more of an issue for the box owner, how long do you think Zgemma will they keep modding these image releases, and supporting the box ?

Rather than getting into the whole Zgemma running the Vix image issue

On line updating on official boxes ??? That's a big plus.

Golden Interstar LX1 is a single tuner and slightly cheaper than the twin tuner LX2 if you are not bothered about recording.

VU Zero (Single tuner) and Miraclebox also do single and twin tuner boxes similar to the LX boxes, they are a bit more expensive but have Samsung tuners.

These would all be good choices within your budget.

I would go for something like that, flashed with the Vix image,

Compared with the price of the Zgemma

I personally would and do pay the extra for genuine support and a two year warranty

Thank you bees that's what I wanted too hear .......ill be buying the LX1 from W.O.S regards j

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Have been reading thread as am looking to buy a second box ( got a 850hd allready ) so excuse my ignorance but who or what is w.o.s.?

Ok no response needed just found out on ye old favourite Google,lol..

Last edited:
Hello again folks. .just a quickie would I be needing the built in 500gb hard drive cheers j

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Back