which box ?

Yes I am thinking LX2 now as it's £109 ....I have a 16gb usb would that suffice cheers j

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

I would just pay the extra and get the LX2 in case you want twin tuner down the line and it takes internal HDD.....suffice for what? Recording? Or just storing EPG, Picons, etc? If for recording it will record but will get full quickly.

LX1 and LX2 won't take an internal HDD, only external. Go for a USB 3.0 if possible, rather than USB 2.0.

Also USB pen drives are slower still so you can get synch problems between the picture and the audio.

Just a quick pointer for you, if you record to a HDD on a single tuner box (LX1)
the box locks itself to the channel while recording is taking place.

If you have a twin tuner(LX2) you can record using one, and the other tuner is used to watch any other program
while the box is recording.

Last edited:
Okay I'm going for the LX2 ....I quite like the option of recording should I purchase my own hard drive or take the W.O.S option thanks bees and gmangt4 for your assistance

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Good choice! Its up to you with the hard drive, see how much you would save getting your own, also how comfortable are you opening your box and installing yourself? Its not that hard but the thought can be daunting the first time lol

It won't take an internal, WOS just give you the option of an external 500GB HDD pre formatted for £50.

You can get cheaper yourself and formatting it takes 30 secs.

I have got the LX2 combo, it's too small for an internal, most boxes state they can take an internal HDD and are bigger, they are usually more expensive
as they see it as an extra feature

Last edited:
Ah, thought it would take internal, cheers bees, if internal is important the Technomate TM nano 2 Super is a quality box too

Ha Ha Ha !!

Now we have got a proper moving target, didn't want to record, now wants to record, single tuner now twin tuner, pen drive to internal
HDD, now above budget !!!

He's got the bug !!!! We all have it !!! Welcome aboard !!! :laughing:

LX2, buy your own External USB 3.0 HDD would be about the best box for you in my opinion if you are sticking to your in budget

Lets you record one channel and watch another, decent spec, good first box, miles better than going budget as most then sell on and upgrade once they see it all working, make sure you have a shotgun (double coax) cable

coming in to your house.

Also, if your router is near your TV straight Ethernet feed, if the router and TV are in different rooms
you will need a pair of homeplugs, plus you will have to pay a sub to a server

As you can see, you get what you pay for and it's easy to keep adding to the list of features :willy nilly:

OK I'm sold thanks guys LX2 it is cheers for your assistance ☺

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

id go with the following

vu+ duo 2 around £350 top end some technical knowledge needed ftp loading cams etc flashing images
mid range blade media bm5000 £110 mid range easy to use update channel lists via remote
openbox /skybox v8s around £40 budget easy to use load in channels and lines via usb

Eitger a vu+ solo/duo (duo is better ) or a dreambox 800 , or you could get an openbox v8s ( not skybox as they are really the crapiest things)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back