WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I need to download the base build files again? The version on drop box now looks to be a little smaller than the version I downloaded last night.

3 other questions (sorry):-

1.) Before I do anything with the box should I take a backup of it?
2.) I have a 500GB external hard drive I plan to use for recording, this is currently formatted as NTFS, is that OK?
3.) Can I put the cam file on the same USB stick and along side the base build folder used in the first steps? HeadMelted's video says the USB stick needs to be empty for the cam import.

Yes, download the correct BaseBuild as it makes life easier.
1. If it is a brand new box there is no need to take a backup as new, daily, clean images are available from zgemma.co.uk
2. Yes the drive will be fine as it gets initialised (formatted) by the box
3. Yes you can, put both the zgemma folder and the line file on the same USB and it will work. HeadMelted as right going by older instructions.

So what's happened to my box any idea?

The epg has been going blank recently for no reason, I've been running the crossepg update to get it back but it's a bit annoying having to do that, been fine until now

Anyway, decent to try and to a software update to 4.001. Now I'm getting "creating hardliners to timeshift failed" files stem on your timeshift does not support your hardlinks".

Along with this, my CAM has been removed from the box it would appear.

If you never made a backup of your settings before you flashed v4.001 your line will have gone from the box yes. You box has been wiped and a fresh flash done. A bit like installing windows again without backing up your documents first, your documents would be gone. If you don't have a copy of them somewhere safe (email, hard disk) you will need to contact your line provider for a copy.

As for your EPG, you just needed to delete the epg.dat file from the USB device and run CrossEPG again.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The only issue getting now is when I use the pause buttons "creating hardline to timeshift failed" "make sure it's formatted in ext2 ext3"

It's all initialised and formatted a few times now and also set up as hdd

First ensure your drive is mounted as /media/hdd - Do this by: Red button -> Plugins -> Mount manager. If mount is wrong, press the green button to change it and then save.

If it already says /media/hdd - Menu -> setup -> recording & timeshift -> Timeshift settings - Now manually set the location to /media/hdd/timeshift even if it already says it.

But with that said, you said "initialised and formatted" - in that order, means it was formatted last, where it needs to be initialised by the box as the last thing.

Also have the same timeshift issue but have performed it in the correct order and is mounted as hdd ext4.

And have you manually set the timeshift location as above too? It doesn't matter if it already says media/hdd/timeshift, set it manually just in case it has it's knickers in a twist.

I think I've fixed it. Was setting it as timeshift folder but it was saying just media/hdd when going back to this timeshift settings. So set a bookmark as media/hdd/timeshift and then selected that instead.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, does anyone no why I can't receive BT sport Europe channel on wooshbuild. I have everything else including roi sky sports BT sport 1,2,3 etc etc. Just no BT sport Europe. Anyone no anything?

I have pressed the red button.
Takes me to info panel, with the options of Software manager
Keymap selection
plugins
infos

no softcam panel

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 PM ----------

does it come preinstalled as standard. I feel quite silly asking if It is there somewhere and I am unable to find it

You don't have WooshBuild installed then by the sounds of it. The red button will have SoftcamPanel at the top of the menu in WooshBuild.

Screenshot by Lightshot

Like that ^

Did you complete flashing WooshBuild to the end or have you only got BaseBuild installed? Or have you been trying to find where it was and maybe remove it?

I think it is a base build

Have another bash at the instructions then as you have a bit further to go yet before you will see or need the softcam panel. Whats more WooshBuild has the USB cam importer so you just need to put your line on a USB and run the plugin.

Yeah i see now i was a little gung-ho.
running through the rest of the procedure now.

thanks for your help.
lol The dope that I am..

404 error wooshbuild v4

Hi I am trying to do a fresh install wooshbuild v4 on my new zgemma H.2s box. When i get to step 2 the online flash i keep getting 404 error not found , wondering if anyone could help thank you

i pressed the blue button and tested my internet it said i was connected ok ( i can also see my gzemma box on networks in windows 10) . Also saw in a previous post someone mentioned changing dns to 8.8.8.8 still no joy :(

Is it when you go to select he file you want to flash when you get the 404 error, 404 is usually page not available ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not running wooshbuild 4 on my box at the minute so can't check if the flash files are online. I'm sure woosh or beni will be along soon to verify either way
Just a thought are you getting a list of files up at all when you select flash online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back