WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I have just received and setup my H2s and installed one of my two lines which is working great. My question is how would I proceed to install the second line. What I would like is to have both lines installed then if one goes down easily switch between the two.

thanks in advance

I have had to re-flash my box as there was a software problem i could only find the basebuild download which i put onto a usb stick put it in box turned it on and it came up with flash then boot but it has froze on the wooshbuild basebuild logo its not doing anything else, ive tried it in both usb ports, can anyone help please ?
Press GREEN button to advance to set up.

I've flashed my h2s with wooshbuild v5 it's looking really good but when I try series link now the programme doesn't record, it goes into auto timer as if it's going to record but it doesn't, anyone any ideas why ?
Thanks
Irene

Please do not ask questions about v5 in here. If you have any doubts or performance problems, please PM me and also restore your box using the backup which was recommended you do before flashing. FAQ 26 covers how to restore a backup.

Thanks

WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

hi i am having a problem with the epg, the channel list comes up but not the programme details , have installed bouquets and ran crossepg downloader, that just says starting downloader,then when i check it hasnt made a difference to the epg so i went back to crossepg downloader and pressed it and it says reading programmes etc. but that make neo difference also . so i checked that it is flashing it to the usb stick but it said media hdd so i checked to see if the path exsists and the path was media/usb so i changed the path to media hdd and pressed to remount the disc then repeated bouquets and crossepg and it just the same ....channel list no programmes,,, i was wondering if it is because i am just setting it up and have yet to add the gift line but someone said that des not make a difference so i was wondering how to proceed??? to get the

Your epg.dat file will save to whatever usb device you have installed wether It be a usb flash stick or Hdd, epg will only give you the choice of locations availed, so it will be media/hdd or internal flash.
Now you should have mounted whatever drive you are using first and make sure it is set as usb, before running crossepg. Also check crossepg configuration and make sure that is set to your drive.again, this will only sure locations a aisle to save the data.
Look on your usb drive for an EPG.dat file and deleted it.
Then run your cross epg download again

R.T.F.I

Last edited:
i have a trial line to test out for a couple of days, i kno i use usb camimporter and i transfer code text to a file then copy to usb then into box .... but what type of file do i put the trial line text onto? text, word ?

Have a read of step 6 in the setup instructions as they go into detail of what file has what in it.

Hello and Thanks, minor irritation has popped up, watching IPTV all controls on remote work fine then after say an hour or so or less at times, I press ok to pause the programme I'm watching and it just mutes the channel will not respond, then I need to do a full reboot to be able to use any controls, then its fine again til it goes off again only on iptv . Suggestions Please?

We think - we being Beni and myself, that from the 19th Oct, an OpenATV update causes issues with IPTV Player. I have spent hours flashing and re-flashing to come to the 18th Oct which seems to be the last OpenATV version which didn't effect IPTV Player. Your option is to re-flash WooshBuild v4.002 (or 4.001 for 2S) and not do any OpenAV updates for the time being. You can backup your settings as per the setup instructions and just flash without losing anything.

If you haven' updated OpenATV, I don't really know why you would have the issue you have. Maybe a re-flash is due anyway.

Hi

I have pressed epg then tv
Highlighted the bouquet pressed menu but I do not get a response from pressing 8. The menu I see is called graphical epg settings

Wrong button, wrong area - press FAV button on ZGemma remote , scroll down to bouquet you want to delete - press menu button - press button 8 - DONE (and so am I ROFL )

Is that becurse the back settings is saving my last bootscreen?

Yes this is correct.

---------- Post Merged at 05:44 PM ----------

Hi my zgemma h2s stopped working yesterday can only get free channels on (BBC1 - Channel 5) so I reinstalled wooshbuild V4.002 i think. This went ok until I came to put my line back on it says its there but still isn't working I have restarted the softcam page and still nothing. It says mgcamd_1.38r1 is this right also it keeps popping up on this screen with no new ecm info - not sure what this is. I used a USB and the cam importer plug in and it said it was successfully installed so really can't understand the problem.

If you only had channels 1 - 5 before a re-flash, re-flashing was unlikely to fix this as it sounds like your line is suffering issues. If the cam importer brought the line in and it is still not working, sounds even more like like issues.

Have you contacted the provider?

It should work fine on a h2h but is untested.
Not sure if you would need to disable tuner b or not

Now that Version 5 has been released will version 4 still be maintained or do we have to upgrade to v5?

Wooshbuild V4 will still be supported and will continue to function as before.
There will not be any updates to it except those that are common between the 2 versions.
It's so easy to update so i would do that if i were you.

Hi I have a question regarding Q9. "I want to add a bigger device either a USB stick or external hard disk, how should I do it?"

If I backup my settings as instructed in Q1 and follow the instructions as given in Q9 to add a bigger device, will I loose all my recordings and will I need to resetup anything else ie epg & bouquet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need to backup your settings to install a larger device. You will need to download the EPG onto the larger device (bouquets are stored on Internal memory so they are fine)
Once you have your new device setup you can plug your old device in the front USB port and use dream explorer to copy the movie folder from the old device to the new one

"Q9. I want to add a bigger device either a USB stick or external hard disk, how should I do it

For ease simply put the new device into the front USB port of the box and open the initialise menu. Once initialised, Deep Standby the box, remove the old device, plug the new device into the rear port and turn your box back on."

Do I also need to create a new swapfile on the new device and if so at what stage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back