WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has probably been covered countless times so apologies but I can't find the answer.

I've got a box running Vix at the minute but want to flash Wooshbuild on it. Do I need to put ATV on first and then the basebuild and Wooshbuild. Or is the the basebuild ATV?

BaseBuild and WooshBuild are both on ATV, so by flashing either image you are putting OpenATV on your box. A backup, image, build or whatever you want to call them are mirror images of the box they were taken from including the firmware so there is no need to factory reset (as is will crash your box anyway).

Autobouquets - Maybe I've missed this after trawling through page upon page, but how can I create bouquets automatically for other providers that arent on 28.2e? I can see how to do it manually but looks like it would take forever. Using an h2s

Thanks.

You can't using AutoBouquet E2 as it is 28.2 only. You would need to use AutoBouquetMaker which will do all sorts.

You can however set the tuner to whatever sat it is looking at and then run a automatic scan on that tuner using OpenATV in the Service searching menu. Menu -> Setup -> Service searching. The scan takes about 20 minutes, but you will see the channels when you press the TV button.

hi guys, i have been asked this question by a friend who's running wooshbuild, any ideas for me to get back to him with?
About a month ago my planner where recordings are store the skin changed by itself now it's deleting some recordings even when iv checked and they have started recording them
But when I check after they have finished they've gone....there is space

hes on wooshbuild v4002 and its a h2s

Sorry you will have to explain a bit better. A skin doesn't change on it's own. It first needs switching to a different skin and then needs the box restarting for changes to take effect.

It posted for some reason on the wrong page! lol I was wanting to know how, woosh is updated, is this automatically, or do you have to do it manually? Does it also keep current settings.

also Got a quick qestion if you don't mind, my box is working fine, I'm still learning, setup myself, but one thing I having noticed is, missing my local regional news, West Midlands BBC 959. Any ideas? Regional News works fine on ITV 103. Your help would be appreciated. Regards.

Last edited:
You have to manually update WooshBuild to the next version, although v5 has automatic feature updates when doing software updates.

When you update, you need to backup your settings first and then flash. Best thing though it to follow the instructions. It is pretty much a 3 step setup though, backup, flash, restore.

DO you mean 103 is fine for local but 101 is the BBC HD channel and not local? If so, you should just need to press 115 for your local BBC channel? Or isn't this what you mean?

Channel 101 is BBC 1 HD national which I'm happy with, but I don't get my local news, (West Midlands) it should be in EPG 959. When setting up Woosh at the beginning, I set the Region to Central/ Midlands (can't remember) but the regional news on 103 exists. But BBC it's a no. Hope that makes sense.

Where do you go to confirm Woosh Version your running? Don't worry I hope not to be asking daft questions for too long. Regards

Easiest way to tell is to restart your box as the boot screens have v4 or v5 on them.

What do you have if you go to channel 115? This is always you local BBC region for the region you selected.

.... always might be a bit of a strong word...... should be !

hi guys, i have been asked this question by a friend who's running wooshbuild, any ideas for me to get back to him with?
About a month ago my planner where recordings are store the skin changed by itself now it's deleting some recordings even when iv checked and they have started recording them
But when I check after they have finished they've gone....there is space

hes on wooshbuild v4002 and its a h2s

Sorry you will have to explain a bit better. A skin doesn't change on it's own. It first needs switching to a different skin and then needs the box restarting for changes to take effect.

Sorry wooshman, all he said was it was fine until a month ago when his planner changed to a different interface without him doing anything and now his recordings don't finish or are deleted? I asked him if he had done any software updates and he said he hadn't? I also can't make any sense of it. He has little understanding of the box as he bought it plug and play with your build on it, his supplier has been banned from facebook so is t answering his messages. All I could suggest was to do SN online flash of your latest build

Get him to upgrade to v5, but make sure he has a copy of his line first off the box. If his settings are causing the problem they will be carried over to v5. If he has a copy of his line details he can start from scratch and just add the line.

Having a similar problem also, worked well for a good week, then I come home one night, pay channels were a blank screen. Re-flashed from the begining again, and it's all fine and dandy again. Have been using a WiFi as connection, not worked out if its cause of that or not, one thing I have noticed is if you disconnect the Zgemma H2S box, and re plug in all, you have to reflash, I find this a bit odd, as I would have thought the settings would be stored in the memory of the Zgemma? What are your thoughts Mr Wooshman? Cheers J.

I had the same, what you need to do is flash with a different USB stick and make sure you format it FAT32. I reflashed mine lots of times with different images and they all did the same but were fine after I used a different and reformatted stick? Once I did that everything works fine except the NLINE which I have to reload each day via the plugin.

Hi talkie1uk,
I hear what you are saying, but this doesn't make sense to me, from what I have read online, you only need to change the UBS device, when you struggle to flash the harddrive at the beginning of the commissioning process.
I have never struggled to flash Wooshbuild, with the line included on the USB stick. Straight after going through all the steps the Zgemma is up and running, so surely if it was a USB issue the Zgemma wouldn't work at all. (Does my trial of thought make sense?)

So I'm struggling to understand, why after a few days, or even a week, the Zgemma pay channels are lost, but are found again, after re flashing. They are lost straight away after flashing, if you disconnect the box, I have done this, to try and understand the scenarios. Regards.

Last edited:
On My Recordings, the text is fuzzy and blurred when I hover over a program, there is massive gaps between each recording (space wise, it's not 1 below another) and it is recording random programs but says 0 mins, it's just clogging up my planner, any help please?

Is this in a 2S? If so, please do the software updates. This will update WB Config and in turn fix your issue.

Running 5 & will be doing it tomorrow pm,but the drive is being delivered to work & was going to format it on a pc at work as only osx at home.

You should be posting in the v5 support thread really.

You need to format to ext4 but for the 2 minutes it will take when you get home, save yourself the chance of it becoming a pain in he arse and just initialise it in the sat box.

TS Media is available for OpenATV too but not something that will be added to WooshBuild as standard.

I would imagine some nice person will come along though and post a direct link to the IPK required to install it to your box.

But it loses the epg from 1 day to the next. I leave the box on at night and then the next day its away?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Have you checked CrossEPG is configured to save to your HDD and not internal flash?

I would just like to congratulate Beni on becoming a moderator here at TechKings. It is well deserved.

Well done mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back