WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a quick look but not seen anything.
I have an issue with a H2S with Wooshbuild (latest version). When using the volume down button it sometimes turns off user interface in the network settings.
It doesn't happen on my other H2S with exactly the same build.
Any ideas?

Update
Seems to be very intermittent.

Last edited:
Hi all new here got a S2 Box and getting the Easy setup on screen,

its asked me to format/initialize memory stick
I have followed the step by step guide on screen and it then does a swap file 256MB

i select region and county and then asks to download a file
memory stick is 16GB and im getting not enough space on /hdd.

Any help appreciated

Hi all new here got a S2 Box and getting the Easy setup on screen,

its asked me to format/initialize memory stick
I have followed the step by step guide on screen and it then does a swap file 256MB

i select region and county and then asks to download a file
memory stick is 16GB and im getting not enough space on /hdd.

Any help appreciated

Turn the box off at the back, remove the USB and then turn it on. At this point you WON'T have any USB stick in the box

Once it has fully booted, press any coloured button to start. On the first screen, insert the USB you are going to use for recording into the rear of the box, wait 10 seconds and then go through the steps again.

This "should" make the box identify the USB correctly.

Thanks for the reply that worked a treat now just need to get the gift/ line on it and happy days. Where is the best place to get it from please best server for a year.

I wooshman I've been using your builds since v2 or 3 maybe. This may seem a little rude but I don't like the start up splash screen on V5 at all. I'm a minimal sort of guy and loved the blue with the W in the screen. V4 was kind of cool too the changing backgrounds. I just feel like the V5 one looks a little unprofessional for such an amazing build and effort.

I'd just like to know if I can FTP in and change it myself. If I can where is it stored and can I get the old images :grin: Thanks a lot. Set up my first box with the help of your guide.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VERY IMPORTANT ACTION REQUIRED by WooshBuild v4 users

Now is the time to upgrade to WooshBuild v5.

There is a software update from enigma2, which if run, will cause your box to no longer boot. This means you will have to re-flash your box manually to v5. This is not a WooshBuild caused problem but enigma2 system files.

Take advantage of the fact that you can upgrade to v5 now in 3 steps. It takes about 15 minutes in total.

1. Backup your settings: Blue button -> Backup Settings

2. Flash WooshBuild 5.xx: Blue button -> Flash online / local -> Green button -> Highlight WooshBuild v5 -> Green button. Once downloaded, press the OK button, then select Flash WooshBuild

3. Let WooshBuild do the rest and finally, use the WB Config plugin to restore your settings.

If you never do software updates this problem will not effect your box but we still recommend upgrading to WooshBuild v5

Please don't post telling us your box is stuck with a red light and BOOT on the LED - You have been advised to update to WooshBuild v5.

Ha .. Should have read this last night before I did software update .... Bugger!
My back up copy of my system wouldn't flash so had to start from scratch .. Sorted in 20 mins though.

Sorry Spyke, but at least you got to see the spender of the latest BaseBuild and now have a nice clean setup again.

And you must agree that the red LED seems so much brighter after it has buggered your box lmao !

But it loses the epg from 1 day to the next. I leave the box on at night and then the next day its away?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Have you checked CrossEPG is configured to save to your HDD and not internal flash?

Fozzy would you be able to talk through these steps please. I'm in the settings, but it's not clear what to check/change. Why aren't the settings all ready built into the Wooshbuild download, if this is the fix? Cheers J.

Hi,

Thanks for your email advising updating from v4 to v5.

Have followed the simple instructions but have hit a problem at step 2... The "select Wooshbuild version " box is blank.

Please could you point me in the right direction? Thanks

But it loses the epg from 1 day to the next. I leave the box on at night and then the next day its away?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Have you checked CrossEPG is configured to save to your HDD and not internal flash?

Fozzy would you be able to talk through these steps please. I'm in the settings, but it's not clear what to check/change. Why aren't the settings all ready built into the Wooshbuild download, if this is the fix? Cheers J.

No problem -
1- Menu. 2 -Set Up. 3 -Cross EPG. 4- Configure. 5 -Select Device - Ensure this is set to your usb/hdd name and NOT Internal Flash.
Dont think this is the problem tbh, my first box was set to write EPG to internal flash and it didn't last long before crashing and requiring a reflash.

Hi,

Have followed the simple instructions but have hit a problem at step 2... The "select Wooshbuild version " box is blank.

Check you internet connection, this used to be the most common issue. I got a family member to upgrade today without issue so I know the server is available.

Blue button -> Flash online / local -> Green button -> Highlight WooshBuild v5 and press green button

Remember to backup your settings before doing the above.

Why aren't the settings all ready built into the Wooshbuild download, if this is the fix?

It is already configured, but if you box doesn't see your USB device at any time it will default to internal flash as it has to be stored somewhere.

Every setting we can possibly configure is configured on your behalf and as many eventualities we can preempt have been preempted. Unfortunately, like anything used on a large scale there will always be a few which don't go as expected. With WooshBuild v5 now running on a calculated 6000 boxes we don't think we have done a bad job in the grand scheme of things.

Hi,

Check you internet connection, this used to be the most common issue. I got a family member to upgrade today without issue so I know the server is available.

Blue button -> Flash online / local -> Green button -> Highlight WooshBuild v5 and press green button

Remember to backup your settings before doing the above.

Many thanks Wooshman, reset my modem and tried again. Success! Up and running with v5! Thanks again.

Hi, I have a zgemma h.2s running Wooshbuild v5. The box has been perfect so far, the only thing I cannot do is access my scheduled recordings. I tried on both the slyk hd skin by using the fast forward and skip forward buttons like you would for the epg but the planner won't move across to scheduled. Is there a way to move across the planner menu? I also tried Chabs SkyQ skin but on the planner there is no menu showing scheduled at all.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I've tried searching the forum for "scheduled" but struggling to find anything relevant.

Looking to add different lines to my box, as was having sudden pausing with just one. I'm using a newcam and cccam line's from different suppliers. How do you add two lines to wooshbuild, with sucmnsee you FileZilla and turn both on in softcam manger, but wooshbuild doesn't have this any ideas? Thanks C

Sorry if wrong place but here goes - I am responsible for 4 family boxes - all running Woosh 5.003 and WB config 1.025 - 2 were flashed to 5.x via base build and the other 2 updated from 4 to 5 using flash online. I see a difference on the file list/planner - I think the 2 I updated without base build do NOT have the false tabs on the planner and the other 2 do.....any way to get the false tabs on the planner on the 2 boxes that do not have them? Is it linked to base build ?

Looking to add different lines to my box, as was having sudden pausing with just one. I'm using a newcam and cccam line's from different suppliers. How do you add two lines to wooshbuild, with sucmnsee you FileZilla and turn both on in softcam manger, but wooshbuild doesn't have this any ideas? Thanks C
Just add them seperatley using USB Cam Importer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back