WooshBuild Question & Answers thread - (Take 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so now that i have got wooshbuild on my zgemma (thanks to you guys) can some one shed any light on how i set up wireless, i have a wireless dongal that looks like a small ariel if thathelps

Borrowed this from a post I saw earlier, credit to bigdrinks. Not sure if you need to have specific drivers installed first as I have not played with wireless stuff cus my router is not far from my box

Menu > setup > system > network > device setup > wlan connection > scan wireless networks > connect to your router > change encryption below router name to 'WPA or WPA2' > encryption key> by pressing 'text' on remote enter your router password.

Stick it in a free USB port (normally the front one)

Blue button -> Network -> Network Wizard.

You DO NOT, want to have it set to auto when asked, you need to change the option in there so that you can scan wireless networks.

When you see it, it should make more sense.

It's in OSD settings - change 'show pvr status blah blah' to yes.
I'm at work so can't remember the exact title or path.

It's in OSD settings - change 'show pvr status blah blah' to yes.
I'm at work so can't remember the exact title or path.

Willo is quit right, bu you can always have a look in the Slyk HD v4 thread, the settings are listed in there. With the more recent Slyk HD versions, Kiddac changed the method in which things work, he moved towards using the OpenATV system built in menus, at the time I didn't realise this and missed doing the setting in v4.002 for you. With version 5 being worked on, for the few people that have mentioned it, it didn't really warrant v4.003 when a quick read and a couple of button presses does the trick.

I will check that I have it all done in v5 (I won't promise and will also blame Willo if I have missed anything)

What exactly have they broke. My last update i noticed they had removed the option to wrap programme text on the full screen epg. Not noticed anything else a miss. (but I don't have any hacks)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Support for channel numbers on openatv is now available run a software update once box is rebooted on epg press menu and change service title mode to service number and service name if your using picons change it to service number, picon and service name

epgtabs are also supported so theres no need for a modified epgselection.py the only issue is you will lose the ch up/down to skip pages on epg you need to use 2 and 8 instead if you want to use the default epgselection.py file

Quotes taken from: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/107447-picons-channel-numbers-epg-atv-2.html#post607305 - 15th Oct
Edit: This quoted post has now been edited by Dsayers the original poster. The above is what remains of his original post.

And that was the effect of running an OpenATV update. I am also led to believe that the EPG channel numbers were then removed as standard in OpenATV due to issues elsewhere, don't know about the EPG tabs though.

This warning was two days ago though Kiddac so maybe it was a blink and you missed it update.

Not part of WooshBuild directly though so doesn't need to be discussed in this thread. Beni was posting to inform people that an update could stop their Channel up / down button working in the EPG.

Last edited:
just to clarify my line file on notepad goes like this C:2 spaces)server.name.etc(1 space)1234(1space)username(1space)password on the topline of notepad file.

is there another way to put the line on the box ???s

The cam importer doesn't actually care what is in the file, it just looks for the filenames, this is how I know something is wrong not related to line details.

Anyway, to answer your questions, the straight forward way other than the cam importer is by using dream explorer from the plugins screen. Have the USB stick with the line on inserted into the box, then start Dream Explorer.

Navigate to the USB stick and copy the line file, CCcam.cfg to the folder usr/keys on the box its self. Then once copied, exit back to full screen TV, press the Red button -> Softcam panel -> left button to select CCcam 2.3.0 and then press the green button to start the cam. Then try sky 1.

Other basic option is FTP.

---------- Post Merged at 08:38 PM ----------

When is your new release due. You are delaying my skin releases. You know I have to wait till the day after.

Why change the last 6 months lol :)

Last edited:
Cacheflush is not showing in my installed plugins although it is in the remove plugins list.
Is it working by default or do I have to set it up.
Can't find it in any of the settings.

If you are using a H2S box then cache flush is located on the portal button (or long holding blue button)

If you are using the 2S box, it is in Menu -> Setup -> Usage and GUI (I think)

It is all setup and running, but that is where it is if you want a look.

Note to self: put it in the same bloody place on both boxes next time

Last edited:
IMPORANT:

Anyone who was quick enough to see the Latest WooshBuild version on the H2S v4.002 menu today and flashed it, I suggest you flash v4.002 as it wasn't finished. After EVERY boot your channel will switch to Sky news. Or you can wait until tonight for the final version to come out and flash again.

This will be a simple case of backing up your settings and selecting the re-flash option in WB Config.

I will post here when the official Beta version is available.

We do also recommend using BaseBuild to get v5 as they go hand in hand, although you don't have to.

Side note:
I would blame Beni that it was there longer than it was supposed to be but he was out so I suppose it was someone else's fault
:(

Last edited:
Have a look in Menu > Settings > EPG > Settings and make sure that the place the epg is set to save to, actually exists.
Sometimes mountpoints can change if you unplug a drive.
If the EPG is set to save to /media/hdd/ check Menu > InfoPanel > Plugins > Mount Manager and make sure your hdd is set as /media/hdd.
If that's okay go to Menu > Setup > EPG > Load/Save/Delete and delete the existing EPG and then download again.

Have to say, the level of help and information on this site is second to none.

One more question, I have a 16GB usb key in the box at the moment but will be changing it to
a usb hard drive soon. What steps do I need to do so I don't mess anything up, please?

TIA.

Is there anything on the 16GB that you particularly want to keep?
There's a USB ext4 format plugin in my signature that seems really good to set up the new drive.

You can initialise it using front USB, blue button / hard disk/ initialisation.
Once done, put the box into deep stand by, swap your new drive for the one in rear and bob your uncle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question(sorry if it's already been answered) I want to update my box this wk from an old wooshbuild(pre the online 4 version) to the up to date build, but I have a lot of stuff on my hdd that I want to keep, can I just skip the initialising process step of setting up the storage device or will that not work?
Thanks

I reflashed a box last night and there is no need to do anything to it, all the data was still on there, didn't have to mount, all the timeshift and record functions worked. So jobs a good un

No....You will remove the rear hdd while you flash then follow the on screen instructions which will guide you through the new installation.

Is there a Facebook group woosh?

No there isn't and won't be as we have TechKings as the only place to get support. This hopefully brings more people to TechKings and is also where there are lost of like minded peopple doing the same thing and there is a lot of knowledge scattered throughout the users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back