XLMTV fix for V6/V8

will this file replace the original .abs file , so its got a new operating system on please? flashed a few f5s im presuming the same to do, any advice welcome

Format usb key to fat32---unzip file and add to key then put key into box and upgade as image file.
Reformat key--back into box---go to XMLTV app and away you go.
Simples.
Reaper.

Thanks for the file it works a treat
(y)

Is the time correct on the V6 V8 with this new firmware?

The new F3s/F5s firmware has reintroduced an old bug (summer time bug).

I tried using this to select a program that was due to end at 19:10 and the actual time was 19:05 and it came up as event expired. I then tried to select the event that started 19:10 and went onto 21:00 it too came up as event expired. I tried the next event starting 21:00 ending 22:50 and it offered me the timer to record it? Confused .com

I switched on the equipment about an hour ago and found that the wifi that had worked perfectly before the upgrade is now not functioning at insufficient power levels to operate the sly channels.
I note that the epg screen show the current date as 1903 or something equally bizarre
I understand the recommendation is Ethernet, but it was working fine with the previous load. I intend to revert to the original load to see if the wifi returns to its previous operating levels and when the fix is delivered for the epg timers included I will restart the process.

If the wifi is still an issue then I will look at Ethernet after the epg issues are confirmed as OK.

its always this way when you are pioneering lol

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 PM ----------

Before started reversion, plugged in an Ethernet cable and activated the Ethernet thereby deactivating the wifi dongle. All the sly offerings functioning as expected and the date on the xmltv epg is current.

tried to go back to the wifi and the v8s does not see the dongle, says plug it in. try the reversion now.

Download file--unzip to desktop or where you want it [using winzip or alike].
Format usb key to FAT32 and add unzipped file.
Put key into box--go to tools in menu---upgrade by usb [this file is an image file .abs so just upgrade using image not misc]
Reaper.

A member on another forum claims that the XMLTV EPG is working fine on his V8 with the correct time/programme info. So no "summer time" bug on his box.

From your comments above reaper, I take it that the V6/V8 firmware is also affected by the "summer time" bug?

Mr K---On the F3s and F5s the little bug is present but on both V8s's the correct time is showing and epg is bang on.
I contacted China and return message was "Download files will be made available soonest, we are exploring it" Thats all the info I have at present. So same as last time with bug, but not affecting all boxes this time.
Reaper.

Thanks for the info reaper. I wrongly assumed that the bug was affecting the V6/V8 as well.

Having said that, there are still members posting on here & other sites, saying that the EPG is working fine on their F5s boxes! Strange.

Perhaps they just haven't noticed that the EPG for the current time is showing what is going to be on in an hour's time! LOL.

Mr K---it seems that the bug is down to the box manufacturer again----3 main manufacturers of so-called genuine boxes i.e Skybox, Yojia and Bi-Union plus many other little companies producing clone boxes. Almost impossible now to tell boxes apart and who makes what.
We had the same problem with Dreamboxes and of course the Galaxy [supposedly made in Korea but really in China and sold only to UK]
Nowadays you just have to take your chance with what you buy.
Reaper

PS---just finished 3 more V8s's for clients [local] and all OK.

Srry for noob question but after i update with this file do i need to reinstall cline info into openbox,thanks in advance???

Back