XLMTV fix for V6/V8

Lol only reason why I'm asking is Cus on another thread someone has put a picture up with the epg as a grid! Will it have something to do with the remote as my remote does not have an epg button

thankyou

---------- Post Merged at 12:11 PM ----------

wont let me download, just joined the forum, what do i need to do?

hi need some help if possible. followed instructions to back up via dump to usb updated epg works perfect now having no signal seems to have lost my cline no channels working etc so upgraded via backup image file i created still no joy any help would be great thanks

Well, I've spent most of the day trying to recover from the damage this 'fix' inflicted on my box.

Problems that I can't even remember were fixed only to be replaced by other, far worse problems.

I MISSED WSBK SUPERPOLE !

Before chucking the whole lot out the window, inc telly, furniture, cat etc + beginning the long journey of tracking down The Reaper to horribly murder him, I thought I'd give it one last try . . . .

It seems my box is very susceptible to exactly which USB stick is being used. I used my latest and fastest stick and all seems well. A working EPG at last.

Cheers Reaper, you are forgiven.

P.S. These boxes are Vgood for all this learning curve at a cheap price but what's a good step up? Budgets currently around £100 - £200 ?

This is a picture to correspond to my issue im having any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20150523_191117.jpg
    20150523_191117.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 52
Try a factory reset, install the latest firmware which you see or call the fix 19/5/15, this is an image file not misc file so install as such.
When loaded remove key and reboot. Now reformat key and add fresh download CWaites channel list.
Remove key and reboot. Go to menu--network settings---camds and see if line is there--if yes then ensure you tick and reboot then recheck and see if online. If line is not installed then get copy and install. Once installed check channels. If any channels missing then do a single sat scan--locate missing channels and edit to favourites.
Hope this helps.Have a good read thru the guide to see if you have missed anything.
Reaper.

View attachment 13165

Ok ive downloaded the file, extracted it and transferred to a FAT32 usb.

Ive put this into my v8s and updated as an image file keeping my settings.

This was updated without any problems and the v8s rebooted showing a blue S.

Ive set the 'EPG and Time settings' - 'EPG Default setting' to 'Internet(XMLTV)' but when i press the EPG button on the remote it just shows the channels with no program info.

Anyone know what i might have done wrong or what the issue is??

did you go into settings and then EPG and do an update?

So, menu > EPG and Time Settings > XMLTV settings > then it should show you if it needs updated which it probably will, then red to update.

once it's updated, then if you press enter on a channel, then scroll to the write it should then show you the EPG.

Thanks StrawDog,

When I go to XMLTV Settings it says 'No storage device connected' With a red 'Yes' button.

I cant seem to do anything from here, do I need to have the usb in the back?

---------- Post Merged at 03:44 PM ----------

Ok ive sorted it!

I didnt realise you had to keep the usb in the back all the time.:anyonethere:

Back